PDA

View Full Version : Why Ref needs to be sit ????

Dezaremos
13-08-2013, 03:42 PM
What is the main reason why a refrigerator needs to be sit and no to be turn on for 5 hours after it has been delivered from the store to your house ?? and manual says, after 5 hours when you finally turn your ref on, it still needs further sitting for 20hrs before you can put anything inside..

why is there a need for this ?? does it damage the ref if you turn it on after delivery ??

1mikeefc1
13-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I think it's more about letting the oil sit back right into compressor because the delivery of it could mean its been led down on its side, that's what I was told when my old company used to deliver them. As for the time once its plugged in the freezer needs time to pull down in temperature as it is for holding frozen stock not freezing lots of stuff at ambient.

Dezaremos
13-08-2013, 06:14 PM
I think it's more about letting the oil sit back right into compressor because the delivery of it could mean its been led down on its side, that's what I was told when my old company used to deliver them. As for the time once its plugged in the freezer needs time to pull down in temperature as it is for holding frozen stock not freezing lots of stuff at ambient.

assuming the oil has not sit back into the compressor and you turn it on, does the oil still not sit back at the time the compressor is running for the whole 20hrs ??

1mikeefc1
13-08-2013, 06:21 PM
The oil will sit back in the comp while its upright and not plugged in for some time. It's left on and empty to let the fridge freezer get down in temp without a large heat load inside it. If you turn it on as soon as its installed and oil has migrated from the comp it will be running with no oil in the comp.

Dezaremos
13-08-2013, 07:03 PM
The oil will sit back in the comp while its upright and not plugged in for some time. It's left on and empty to let the fridge freezer get down in temp without a large heat load inside it. If you turn it on as soon as its installed and oil has migrated from the comp it will be running with no oil in the comp.

yes, i understand that it will be running without oil in the compressor .. but what if you turn it on as soon as its installed, the question is will the oil settle back to the compressor even if its turn on or you really need to have it off for the oil to sit back at the comp ??

1mikeefc1
13-08-2013, 07:31 PM
You will damage the comp without oil back in it. Answer to your question is yes it will eventually get the oil back but to what damage to the compressor long term you do will be answered in how long your comp will last. Take the delivery instructions and you can't be blamed for any faults.

chemi-cool
13-08-2013, 07:35 PM
its a sort of precaution the manufacturers take.
Oil can drift into the suction pipe if it is laying for a long time, on the start it is sucked back into the compressor sump and some of might hit the valves, any drop of oil that have passed the suction valve can pierce it when the piston moves into discharge, therefore it is advised to let stand still for a few hours just to make sure.

We don't want to activate guaranty for a new fridge, do we?

install monkey
13-08-2013, 09:24 PM
is it the same as your neighbours??- maybe he can use ur warranty if his dies!!!:D