PDA

View Full Version : Pipes freezing up and evaporator over condensating

teejay711
13-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi,

I have a split system with condenser outside at floor level about 3metres below evaporator.
In a really humid testing lab.
I cleaned the totally blocked filter in the evaporator, tested the LP to be 4bar (410a) no means of testing HP.

The pipes still freeze up from outside the condensor right into the evaporator and the condensation runs like a snotty school kids nose.

Any ideas.

aircon50
13-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Suction pressure is, as you know, dependent on variables. Air over condenser for one.
Generally speaking, with most small split systems, the expansion device is a capillary within the exterior unit and if the liquid line is frosting, the system has a leak and has therefore lost refrigerant. As the system contains R410a, this is borne out by the SP being only 4b. We here in Tenerife expect to see 8 to 10b on a fully charged, no problem system! In UK, maybe 7 to 9b.
Again, most small splits only have an access port on the suction valve.
The correct procedure for recovery, leak test and repair, evacuation and recharge must be carried out.
Graham

chemi-cool
13-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Lack of refrigerant, you need to recover all of it, find the leak with OFN, repair it and charge with virgin 410 refrigerant,

teejay711
14-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi,

The evaporator was incredibly dirty, so i cleaned this out, i have been advised to check that the fan is spinning freely in the evaportator. If the fan is OK, then it is time to find the leak.

Thanks guys....nice one

jason09
29-09-2013, 10:44 AM
needs gas fix the leak