PDA

View Full Version : Robins

phil68
20-02-2006, 05:13 PM
I don't know if you guys can help only I've got a problem with robins in my garden at the moment. I hate the little buggers, hopping about with their cheerful tweeting & colourful red breasts. I'm thinking of popping up the chemist to buy a tube of Canisten, as I remember the missus mentioning that it gets rid of thrush, so it should work on these little beggars as well:confused: :D

Andy
20-02-2006, 08:32 PM
I don't know if you guys can help only I've got a problem with robins in my garden at the moment. I hate the little buggers, hopping about with their cheerful tweeting & colourful red breasts. I'm thinking of popping up the chemist to buy a tube of Canisten, as I remember the missus mentioning that it gets rid of thrush, so it should work on these little beggars as well:confused: :D

A cat will work, so will a shotgun, but the neighbours might not be that happy about you running about the garden firing off a firearm:D

Failing that tolerance also works;)

Kind Regards. Andy.:)

chillin out
20-02-2006, 10:17 PM
A cat will work

I hate cats, I once heard "anti-freeze is to cats" as "arsenic is to humans"......

But I don`t think I will try it.

I will do this instead.....

http://www.play44.com/index.php?act=play&id=236

Chillin:) :)

US Iceman
21-02-2006, 12:20 AM
..."anti-freeze is to cats"...

The information I have heard about this is due to ethylene glycol (EG). Apparently the EG collects in the kidneys and grows into some kind of hard crystals. The crystals damage the tissue and eventually rupture the kidneys.

None too pleasant from the description I heard.:(

slingblade
21-02-2006, 09:59 AM

I find that a fairly heavy sprung air rifle (scoped & silenced) and a standard loaf of bread is all that you need. scatter the bread on your lawn and retire to an upstairs bedroom with fully opening window. spend a little extra on proper hunting pellets as they provide a much better bird explosion than standard slugs.
hope this helps.

slingblade
21-02-2006, 04:13 PM
I hate cats, I once heard "anti-freeze is to cats" as "arsenic is to humans"......

1461 feet on my first go, beat that!:p

phil68
21-02-2006, 05:15 PM
It looks like antifreeze is arsenic to humans as well judging by a recent story in the news. A guy unwittingly ingested it after a colleague spiked his bottle of coke with it as a 'joke'. The guy's now deaf, blind & brain-damaged & needs around the clock care since:eek: