PDA

View Full Version : Bergdorf Mini Split Air Con

cohead
05-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi

Thought id buy one these diy install an install it myself.

Everything went fine an there was no leaks, few days after i noticed it wasn't cooling as well an the smaller pipe had frozen up.

What can cause this?

Please note that i bought extra pipe as they one that came supplied wasn't long enough was 4 metres an i needed 6 metres.

Any help would be great.

chemi-cool
05-08-2013, 05:06 PM
The best help I can give you is to stop messing with thing you don't understand and get a proffesional person to look at it and repair the leak if you want to enjoy cool air. I guess this was the original idea.

r.bartlett
05-08-2013, 06:05 PM
what you did was llegal des[ite what you may have been told. I have had dealings with the supplier of these units and the advised me personally "not to vac and just purge". Guess you do have a leak so you need it repaired and recharged.

cohead
05-08-2013, 06:29 PM
thanks for the replies, i will get a pro on the job this did come pre gased an said anyone suitable could install it.

The Viking
05-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Cohead,
Unfortunately for you here in UK anyone suitable must by law hold an Fgas ticket...

:cool:

frank
05-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Not cooling well and the liquid line icing = SOG. You have a leak.

install monkey
05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
or blocked drier- check for signs of oil at your indoor connections- usual suspect as its tricky to get big shifter on em due to the casing