PDA

View Full Version : Perfection

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Gents & the Monkeys [Install & Spanner]

question

what would be the optimal pipe run ?

Looking at installing Daikin RSX35J to FTXS35J

Read through http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?21813-Precharged-system-1-meter-run

Chewed the fat with my split persona

Dont like no reciever [over condensing [oops Mad Fridgie may shoot me for that term] or liquid slugging depending on conditions/mode]

So am looking for the perfect pipe length for perfect running conditions with a 24*c - 32*c ambient

???

R's xChillerman

install monkey
04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
all splits req a minimum 1-1.5mtr run- ive done units back to back and had to cut off the flare nuts on the indoor and braze 300mm of pipe to go straight on the condenser- any piperun over a few mtrs will affect performance, bends,restrictions, oil return- and knowing you if you flogged one of them fizzers and actually bought a 3.5 wall mount youd be ringing up daikin technical complaining about mass flow issues, heatloss thru lagging and inefficiency of an inverter compressor at low frequencies:D

also dont remove any of the pre charged gas if u have a short piperun- it doesnt say it in the destructions !!!

daikin suggest u sit in the lounge in the nack and sweat!:o

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
haha Thanx for the personal reference mate

I'm just looking to get max life out of the pot

If they say minimum pipe run of 3m & max 10m

Then me thinking I best have nearer the 10m run than 3m

As with no reciever to store the excess refrigerant

Either subcooling needs to be high enough to allow the volume of the mass to be able to fit in the condenser/liquid line or excessive amount of refrigerant will be in the low side

the second would surely cause however small over charge symptons

its a bit hit n miss with this run length lark annit

or is it just me

R's xChillerman

install monkey
04-08-2013, 05:24 PM
condenser acts as a reciever and lev is controlled to maintain ur 6 deg superheat. compressor frequency (loading - in a chillermans terminology) is regulated via discharge temp,compressor current and outdoor ambient,indoor freeze protection
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dlzwrd9xkk8nzcd/ftyn35c_d.pdf
have a flick thorugh
cheaper option is feed ur cats to the dogs and sleep in the log cabin in ur garden!!! :o

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 05:26 PM
haha

cheers thought there must be more to this than stoneage

R's xChillerman

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Hey theres 246 pages !!!

Will be back in quite a while :p

R's xChillerman

install monkey
04-08-2013, 05:35 PM
if you do part with money to purchase a unit, remember to a chiller dude- splits are work of the devil and black mans magic- so no sight glasses- i know you were tempted- no driers,isolation valves,oil traps,solonoids,and no widgets!

install monkey
04-08-2013, 05:44 PM
http://www.daikin.co.uk/domestic/needs/ventilation-and-air-purification/ventilation/index.jsp
before you comment on true air conditioning principals of heating/cooling and humidity control and air changes:cool:

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
if you do part with money to purchase a unit, remember to a chiller dude- splits are work of the devil and black mans magic- so no sight glasses- i know you were tempted- no driers,isolation valves,oil traps,solonoids,and no widgets!

well you got my number with the drier , why cant I have one ?

they certainly are work of the devil !

frequency is varied only on load which is derived from room temp to set point

it dont control subcooling and allow for the hit n miss scenario of pre charging for 3m-10m

think I will be removing n adding charge once installed to find the perfect amount

as a head start what is the amount you add for every metre over 10

I can start by removing this for every metre under 10

R's xChillerman

chemi-cool
04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
4 meters is the optimal run.

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 06:00 PM
4 meters is the optimal run.

thanx Chemi

saved me a lot of work there mate :)

& it just so happens my run would have been between 3-3.5m so will just adjust the run to make it 4

R's xChillerman

install monkey
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
In order to obtain the dependability of the compressor, the compressor must be stopped
according to the conditions of the temperature of the outdoor air and outdoor heat exchanger.
Detail 􀂊 Operation stop depending on the outdoor air temperature
Compressor operation turns OFF under the conditions that the system is in cooling operation
and outdoor air temperature is below –10°C (0°C for (A)RK(X)H, R(Y)N models).

- hang on i'll stop here- better start checking of a 3.5kw chiller and a fan coil with 4 port actuator to control within .1deg:o

monkey spanners
04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Don't think you will have any problems with factory charge and 3-3.5m pipe run, accumulator will protect compressor from slugs imho.

Got a panasonic inverter thats been ok for 8 years with 2m pipe run!

install monkey
04-08-2013, 06:16 PM
he wouldnt have a problem if he mounted the condenser under the coffee table as the tight git wouldnt use it!:o

Don't think you will have any problems with factory charge and 3-3.5m pipe run, accumulator will protect compressor from slugs imho.

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 06:19 PM
In order to obtain the dependability of the compressor, the compressor must be stopped
according to the conditions of the temperature of the outdoor air and outdoor heat exchanger.
Detail Š Operation stop depending on the outdoor air temperature
Compressor operation turns OFF under the conditions that the system is in cooling operation
and outdoor air temperature is below –10°C (0°C for (A)RK(X)H, R(Y)N models).

- hang on i'll stop here- better start checking of a 3.5kw chiller and a fan coil with 4 port actuator to control within .1deg:o

Install you have totally lost me now wtf are you telling me ?

Thanx Jon

you know me & the bond between me n a/c dont exist ;)

R's xChillerman

install monkey
04-08-2013, 06:21 PM
floodback prevention during low ambient conditions

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 06:28 PM
oh I see cheers

damn they made these things too compicated

could run ok with relay, contactor n bulb thermostat with the correct charge

huh can see this system being a experimental rig when that invertor board pops

R's xChillerman