PDA

View Full Version : r22 envor safe

cajrivers
04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
when using r22a it takes less for system to operate in saying this would you charge the system still back to manufactory charge of r22. since it only takes 40 percent lees for system to operate with r22a.

monkey spanners
04-08-2013, 12:46 PM
R22a is basically just propane or R290 to give it the correct number with a fancy name so people don't realise what it is...

Once you have changed all your control gear and switches and electrical equipment to intrinsically safe so it doesn't start a fire if there is a leak it will have been cheaper to put R22 in or just replace the system.

It doesn't take less volume, its just that a pint of propane is lighter than a pint of R22.

The MG Pony
04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Actualy it is less, the HC's have much better volumetric efficiency and mass flow. So with HCs you are dealing with a physicaly smaller charge, and it isn't propane either, it is a mix of two others if I recall, I wish it where just propane, super efficient and dead safe, remember the oil burns just as good in these systems if in a mist!

With all the idiots with no skill or clue dumping HC's into ther vehicles and home AC's and no explosions yet in good old Cunuckistane (Canada)

Should the system be don up properly? All ways in my books, but will they suddenly burst into flams and the sky fall? No it would, but best make it crystal clear that should it happen it is their rears on the line for any disaster!

SO to the OP if you ever return! : Yes you will use a smaller charge, go to their web sight and find the conversion table, it will be a smaller charge. and it is a hydrocarbon replacement, so you should at the very least make damned sure there are no leaks, and make sure all the electrical controls are in good condition. and you are fully liable for any damage that may occure and your insurance will not cover you if there is a fire from the unit.

We here on the forum are not directly nor inderectly liable for your choises and as such you have been warned of the dangers of what you plan to do!

I assume you are a trained individual with a solid working knowledge of how air cons work and have had the charge recovered and the system properly vacuums as per epa guide lines you will not be mixing refrigerents!

**Ok apperently that brand is pretty well pure R-290! going to have to order some!**

chillerman2006
04-08-2013, 04:54 PM
It doesn't take less volume, its just that a pint of propane is lighter than a pint of R22.

Agreed

A kG of HC refrigerant has roughly twice the volumetric mass a KG of HFC or HCFC

R's xChillerman

Brian_UK
04-08-2013, 11:01 PM
when using r22a it takes less for system to operate in saying this would you charge the system still back to manufactory charge of r22. since it only takes 40 percent lees for system to operate with r22a.What is not that you are asking as you have already stated the facts relating to the two gases. :confused:

R22 = 100% charge
R22a = 40% less.