PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu split system problem

gurdich
28-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi,
I have Fujitsu split air condition system from 2003. year, 3.5 kW. One month ago inside unit start to freeze and I call engineer. He fill the system with R22 gasoline. It was missing about 50%. Few days later freezing happen again, and he come again and fill the system again. After that he found that at inside unit, at connection, gasoline leak. He fix that and instead of R22, he fill with R407. After that problem with outside unit start.
When I turn on unit, compressor start to work for 5 minutes, and then turns off. Fans are turning anyway both on inside and outside unit. After maybe 10 minutes, compressor starts on again, and again work for 5 minutes and then turn off. While compressor is running, cold air come from inside unit.
Engineer said that my compressor is bad and I have to buy new air condition system because is not profitable to buy compressor because is expensive.
He didnt check nothing on outside unit. Just say that is compressor according just to his experience.

My question here is if is possible that some other part is bad?

Thanks in advance.

install monkey
28-07-2013, 09:50 PM
sounds like the compressor is overheating due to siezing up- in the uk you cannot get r22 compressors, if you can still get compressors then its worth getting it repaired- this may have been caused by having leaks, losing oil each time

gurdich
28-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for instant reply.

When compressor start run, in first 5 seconds happen very loud noise.

install monkey
28-07-2013, 10:08 PM
if you have a clip on ammeter- you can measure the start up current and the running current- a 3.5kw fujitsu on r22 (non inverter) will pull 30amp for a split second then run at 4 amp (based on 240volt 50htz supply)
if it pulls 30 amp continuously for about 8 seconds then you'll hear a click- internal overload protection.

gurdich
28-07-2013, 10:13 PM

Thats what I expect from engineer, to check some circuits and use his knowledge. This mine didn't even open outside unit.

Brian_UK
28-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Also he should not have filled it with R407c.

gurdich
28-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Is it possible that problem happen imediatelly after he fill with R407c?

I was not satisfied when he said that will fill with R407c instead of R22, but he answer that it will be ok. Hm :(

When I noticed inside unit freeze, I turn off the system imediatelly. In system always was about 50% of gasoline.

kefah
29-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Also he should not have filled it with R407c.

that correct
R407C different FROM R22 in compressor oil type
R22 oil is mineral
R407c POE
so the charging of R22 system with R07c willl lead to compressor damage