PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Level

mfmsheri
27-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi,

Today i have a new problem in the separator oil in oil level ,

The level is changing between high and low, i charge the separator more than half and turn on after (3-9) hour the level changed maybe to high or to low even maybe turn off low oil level, so i recharged it.

some symptoms :
1- i have economizer line .
2- This economizer supported 2 compressor .

http://im40.gulfup.com/OERGy.jpg

http://im36.gulfup.com/pWXVc.jpg

passandscore
27-07-2013, 05:10 PM
How is the oil level on the coalescer side? When was the coalescer filter changed last? Perhaps you are passing oil by the filter. If the filter is okay and the oil return line to the suction of the compressor is free of obstruction you should not be passing oil via the discharge.

How often does the compressor cycle off? If often then perhaps the suction check valve is leaking, causing the motor to spin backwards when shutting down. This will cause the oil to be sent up the suction line. Check the economizer check valve as well. If it is passing you will have a high amount of oil in the economizer vessel.

hookster
27-07-2013, 06:10 PM
I agree with passandscore
it sounds like your coalescers are passing oil. Open and check coalescer are correctly positioned especially gasket ring on spare filter blanking plate as these are renowned to fail. (latest Sabroe machines all have 4 filters in place and no blank space)
Check the main oil control valve is not open too far (do not shut fully) pos 124 on your compressor schematic.

mfmsheri
28-07-2013, 11:51 AM
How is the oil level on the coalescer side? .

it was normal.

When was the coalescer filter changed last? Perhaps you are passing oil by the filter. If the filter is okay and the oil return line to the suction of the compressor is free of obstruction you should not be passing oil via the discharge.

I will check it today.

How often does the compressor cycle off? If often then perhaps the suction check valve is leaking, causing the motor to spin backwards when shutting down. This will cause the oil to be sent up the suction line. Check the economizer check valve as well. If it is passing you will have a high amount of oil in the economizer vessel

i checked it no reverse return .

and for the check valve i heard a voice from it.

josef
28-07-2013, 11:58 AM
The block where the strainer, valves - top left is glass, it is oil or foam?

D.D.KORANNE
20-09-2013, 10:00 AM
OIL BALANCE IS DISTURBED I.E. THE OIL DISCHARGED BY COMPRSSOR IS NOT RETURNING .REASONS
1) SUCTION PIPING PROBLEM ........SIZING ISSUE
2) LOW RERIGERATION LOAD OR COMPRESSOR IS RUNNING ON PART LOAD
3) EVAPORATOR ICED WHERBY OIL IS LOGGED IN IT AND NOT RETURNING ......
4) DO NOT OVERCHARGE OIL ........FIRST INVESTIGATE WHY OIL IS NOT RETURNING OR ELSE COMPRESSOR COULD BREAKDOWN DUE TO HYDRAULIC PRESSURE IN CASE SLUGGING SHOULD TAKE PLACE !

d d koranne