PDA

View Full Version : Tools I need

Danny Leblanc
16-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Theres a few tools I need for school and don't have a clue what brand to buy. Can someone recommend (money isn't a issue) since you get what you pay for.

I need a "guage manifold"
"quick couplers"
3/16"-1/4"-5/16"-3/8" Value Wrench
Digital Clamp-on multi-meter
tube reamer
#127 Imperial IMP tube cutter
#274-FB Imperial Tube Cutter
#275-FB Imperial Flaring & Swaging Cutter

Thanks for helping out a student
Danny

Danny Leblanc
16-02-2006, 10:48 PM
10 views with no replies.... come on people LOL

chillin out
16-02-2006, 11:30 PM
OK, Ill go 1st. LOL

You are new to the game?

You have not worked on fridges much, or at all?

I would advise getting the cheapest of the cheap.

You will only either break them or lose them.

This is not a 'dig' , but when you are learning you will lose, missuse, break or sell them for beer money. So cheap tools are cheap to replace. Wait a couple of years then buy the good stuff, and in that time you will be able to tell yourself what to buy.

Good luck

Chillin:) :)

Danny Leblanc
16-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the reply Chillin...

I bought all of my combination, box end wrenchs and screw drivers with a lifetime warranty.

Don't have to worry about me selling my tools for beer money lol, I gave up drinking till i'm done school so I can focus.

These are tools I need for school, this is all the information they gave me.

eggs
16-02-2006, 11:58 PM
I use:
Yellow Jacket-Vac pump, Recovery rig and 410a manifold
Ite- Expanders ,pipe cutters,407, 134, 22, 404 manifolds and sniffer
Robinair- lines
Imperial- Flairing tackle
Rotheburger- Benders, turbo torch.
BOC-own brand brazing set and nitrogen regulator.

oh and my new "Wiss" tin snips are nearly as good as my trusty old 14" gilbows

Power tools are all either Hilti or Bosche.

cheers

eggs

Dan
17-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Get Field piece for the electrical - can't remember the model but the one with replaceable heads for the amps and air, etc, and the included thermocouple connections for the temperatures.

Robinair, Imperial, and Yellow Jacket are fine brands for the other stuff. For all I know, they are all owned by the same people... or soon will be.

I have a $10.00 Chinese clamp-on multimeter that works as well as my field piece and better than my fluke. But that's a new phenomenon we Westerners are dealing with.

I agree with Chillin. Money SHOULD be an object when you are learning. One of the things you will be learning is not to leave tools unattended, or loaned to a co-worker, or dropped into the river, toilet, or other unforgiving places that obviate "tool replacements."

Good luck! And a good light and a mirror are fine things to have along, too. Various nut-drivers... I will stop now.

hybridjunction
17-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi danny. I like field piece as well for electrical but I agree with chillin, buy cheap multis and gauges. I don't know if you have CPS over there byt CPS Black Max manifolds are cheap and last forever. Buy a muli with Hz capacitance, AC/DC and temp all in one. You can pick a good cheepie up for under A$100. Oh and a cheap transducer.
Vac pumps, Robinair. Same for reclaim.
Yellow jacket just look cheap and nasty.
With your pipe working gear nothing is cheap. Buy Ridgid or rothemberger but guard them with your life, they walk and are not cheap. We pay A$100 for a 7/8 head.

Good luck mate. You need around A$4000 to kick it off.

Best of luck. Hey I never saw you back on chat. Whats up with that? lol :)

Danny Leblanc
17-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Hi danny. I like field piece as well for electrical but I agree with chillin, buy cheap multis and gauges. I don't know if you have CPS over there byt CPS Black Max manifolds are cheap and last forever. Buy a muli with Hz capacitance, AC/DC and temp all in one. You can pick a good cheepie up for under A$100. Oh and a cheap transducer.
Vac pumps, Robinair. Same for reclaim.
Yellow jacket just look cheap and nasty.
With your pipe working gear nothing is cheap. Buy Ridgid or rothemberger but guard them with your life, they walk and are not cheap. We pay A$100 for a 7/8 head.

Good luck mate. You need around A$4000 to kick it off.

Best of luck. Hey I never saw you back on chat. Whats up with that? lol :)

Thanks Hybird.

I stopped in the chat room a few times and no one was their. My computer went down for a few days also.
I'll try to make it tonight :cool:

Danny

Toolman
21-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Take your list to the refrigeration wholesalers , I'm sure they will lighten you wallett without too much confusion , Yes cheap is good most of the time , but I brought a Robinair sliding block flare tool when I was 16 and still use it today 29 yrs later .