PDA

View Full Version : Vaccing a system

Darrenp
25-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Just wondering .. Any thoughts on using 2 x vac pumps on a vrv ..does this vac better /quicker .. Someone recently told me it doesnt do it any quicker as one vac cancels the other ??? Are they right ??

install monkey
25-07-2013, 10:28 PM
1 vac pump- 3/8 line- schraeder cores removed- vac on both sides- with valves driven open-and use a torr gauge- u cant rush a vac- and more connections on a system could create issues- and who wants to lug 2 vac pumps to an outdoor- triple vac helps too and a long vac gives u a better sun tan:confused:

Darrenp
25-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Ha ha .. Yeah I know all the above .. But was just wondering really .. Agree with lugging the two vac pumps about.. Just thought if you used two when pushed for time sometimes

install monkey
25-07-2013, 10:42 PM
never use 2- my 2nd vac pump is in me shed-and stayin there- usually i vac for 24 hrs- - all good fun weatherproofin ur vac pump and placing access covers over the pump and weighing it down with nitro bottles!!

passandscore
26-07-2013, 03:20 AM
"Depending on the system line sizes of large-tonnage systems, it is better to put two smaller, easily handled
pumps, at different locations. This will overcome some of the pressure drop problems and actually be faster than a single, large pump."

That quote is taken from a vacuum pump manufacturer.
http://www.jbind.com/marketing/Principles%20of%20Vacuum%20Presention.pdf