PDA

View Full Version : LG aircon won't turn on

alanesq
25-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I have a LG room air conditioner (model as-h126rlc0) which will not turn on. No lights, nothing. It has been doing this for some time, it will work fine one day then the next refuses.
I had an engineer to look at it and he says the main circuit board is the problem but you can't get parts for these any more.

Can anyone help me get this aircon working again?
i.e. Anyone know what it is likely to be on the board or where I might find a replacement board?

It has been out of action for the past few weeks (just when I need it of course) then suddenly today it turned on and is now working again (who knows how long for, sometimes an hour, sometimes a few weeks)

I am guessing it is a problem with the power supply or something is flagging as an error and preventing it from powering on????

alanesq
25-07-2013, 06:25 PM
BTW - I should probably introduce myself as this is my first post
I am not in the trade or anything but I have had my own aircon for many years at home (before they were easily obtained)

The aircon I have the problem with is actually my fathers which I encouraged him to buy so I would really like to be able to get it fixed

install monkey
25-07-2013, 09:58 PM
loose connection - anything from the fuseboard to the isolator-to the outdoor, and also interconnect and any indoor spur or condensate pump with float switch wired in?
or failing that a dry joint on indoor pcb

last resort- batteries in remote or reciever pcb not switchin unit on?

alanesq
26-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Thanks for your reply

Are you saying that if there is a bad connection between the outdoor and indoor unit or a problem with the condensate pump this will cause the unit to shut down completely (i.e. appear completely dead)
I had assumed an error light or something would show with something like this rather than nothing at all so I will investigate if this looks like the cause.

If no luck is there anywhere I might get a replacement main circuit board as I have been unable to find anywhere to supply spares for this model (maybe someone who is likely to have a used one breaking for spares?)

alanesq
27-07-2013, 08:30 AM
I just find it difficult to believe that for such a simple fault the whole things has to be thrown away and a replacement costing at least £600 bought :-(

I was hoping someone somewhere repairs them or keeps a stock of used parts etc.

maybe a gap in the market here?

install monkey
27-07-2013, 09:18 AM
http://www.hawco.co.uk/userfiles/MediaLibrary/Price%20Lists/LG/LG%20AC%202013%20PRICE%20LIST_Branded.pdf
hawco do lg stuff- sometimes engineers go for the easy replace system option as opposed to swapping a pcb and getting covered in heat sink paste

alanesq
27-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks - I will give them a try

Tayters
27-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Wave Air Conditioning used to be LG dealers and they have a bit of LG stock in their warehouse, some of which may be now discontinued.
Might be worth a punt. 01256 403000.

Cheers,
Andy.

alanesq
27-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks, I will give them a try

BTW - has there been the problem with air conditioners that computers and flat screen T.V.s had a while back with lots of faulty capacitors?
Just wondering if it is worth swapping them on the power supply in the hope this is the problem (they look ok but I have no way of testing them)

alanesq
29-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Hawco have replied and can supply the parts at a very resonable price - so thanks very much for that recommendation :-)

alanesq
01-08-2013, 08:35 AM
update: it looks like they won't sell them to me though - only to the trade :-(

alanesq
01-08-2013, 04:37 PM
all ok, they have agreed to send them :-)