PDA

View Full Version : Daikin U1 Fault R407c

Slim R410a
25-07-2013, 01:29 PM
We have 2No. FHYCP125BV1 and 2No. RYP125B7W1 connected to 1No. BRC1D52 controller.

Controller showing U1. (reverse phase)

I plan to visit site in the morning - Customer at the moment is saying that both cassettes are out of action.

If the U1 fault occurs on only one of the outdoor units, would this still bring both systems to a stop because they are wired to the same controller?

I also plan to add another BRC controller so they both have their own. I've dug up the install manual but there is no mention of any mode settings or dip switches to set when using group control. (2 or more splits using 1 controller) Is there anything I need to un-do or is it just a simple case of wiring them separately?

Any tips on the U1 fault would be much helpful too. (I have the service manual)

Thanks,

RusBuka
25-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Get SM for controller, may be helpful

Darrenp
25-07-2013, 08:40 PM
U1 probably lost a phase , check that you have all three , at unit , if not work back towards the isolator , could be dodgy connections somewhere

Darrenp
25-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes would prob stop as both units wired to the one controller ,, as they are sepereat splits just bang a new controller onto the other one !!!

install monkey
25-07-2013, 09:00 PM
u1- probably outdoor pcb frazzled- have phase rotation/loss detection- if theyve been in for a few yrs then thats my theory- or a cable has rubbed and u dropped a phase.
if ur addin an additional controller then power down both systems- disconnect the n,p controller link wire and fit ur new controller direct to the other unit- power up- displays 88 for 2 min- done- bish bash bosh!!
and if 1 system fails on a system with 1 remote then the other system will run ok- :)

Slim R410a
26-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Returned to site this morning - Had 415V across each phase and 240v to each phase and earth/neutral.

Put the controller into test mode and one of the systems runs away fine.
Reversed red and yellow phase on the faulty outdoor still U1.
Isolated both and connected the working units' 3 phase supply into the faulty one still U1 fault so we know its not the mains supply at fault.

Was going to swap the outdoor PCB's but ran out of time (busy restaurant) so left the healthy system running on its own via the BRC.

Going back next week to install the additional BRC and look at the fault again.

install monkey
26-07-2013, 07:32 PM
check compressor leads are correct- usually red white black accross contactor, also chec contactor and overload- incase some hero has done a pot change and reversed rotation when the pcb says no issues

RusBuka
26-07-2013, 07:43 PM
LoL i know one hero, who kill Siam inverter in Fujitsu V like yours))))

Slim R410a
26-07-2013, 08:32 PM
No sign of a pot change. I don't think the front covers have ever been off - Install manuals still shoved in there!

Both systems were running fine until I had the U1 call out yesterday - I had carried out a maintenance visit on them 3/4 weeks ago - only problem I found was old BRC had been damaged but this was replaced for new a week later.

Slim R410a
28-07-2013, 08:44 AM
No sign of a pot change. I don't think the front covers have ever been off - Install manuals still shoved in there!

Both systems were running fine until I had the U1 call out yesterday - I had carried out a maintenance visit on them 3/4 weeks ago - only problem I found was old BRC had been damaged but this was replaced for new a week later.

With the above said I can obviously rule out a problem with the incoming mains supply.
Will check tomorrow if anything has been swapped over.
Also forgot to mention the green service light on the outdoor pcb flashes on/off 0.5 sec. (indicates normal status on Daikin)

Slim R410a
30-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Update - Found Fuse F2U (10A fast blow before the Phase Reverser below PCB) to have gone.
Replaced this and everything so far is back working as normal.