PDA

View Full Version : "Domie" with icebergs in fridge

LesleyAnne
16-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Dear Experts,
Having just read "Frost Free's the death knell" from billyfridge, I can hardly expect anyone to take pity on a dreaded domie customer like me but having got this far, here goes.....
I have a supposedly frost-free Hotpoint larder fridge that needed defrosting after a few years. The door may be slightly bent so I accepted that the seal might not be perfect. However, last time I defrosted the ice was back almost immediately and rapidly grew to a thick covering that reaches up to the roof (of the fridge that is). Could anything else have caused this sudden deterioration? Have I no hope of recovering my fridge - which I would desperately love to do as it has a fully functioning matching freezer?

hybridjunction
16-02-2006, 12:32 PM
it's the door :)

rbartlett
16-02-2006, 03:49 PM
if the top of the door doesn't shut put your foot against the inside bottom and pull it towards you

if the bottom doesn't fit do it from the outside..

otherwise bin it ;-)

cheers

richard

chillin out
16-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Having just read "Frost Free's the death knell" from billyfridge,
I havent read this but I take it he was saying not nice things about 'frost free`s' .

I have a supposedly frost-free Hotpoint larder fridge
This is not classed as 'frost free', it is called 'no frost'. Frost free refers to a freezer with electric(or hot gas) self-defrosting.

almost immediately and rapidly grew to a thick covering that reaches up to the roof
How thick? Do expect some frost there. (especially if the door doesn`t close properly)

Chillin:) :)

LesleyAnne
18-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Thank you for answering - at its thickest the ice is now getting on for 2 inches thick. I do appreciate that I must expect some frosting with an ill-fitting door, its just that the problem became SUDDENLY much worse after the last defrost and I wondered if there could be any other contributory factors? But your advice is much appreciated - thank you guys.