PDA

View Full Version : Problems LG don't want you to know about

Andy W
15-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Following on from my post yesterday regarding the failure of 2 compressors, I have dug a little deeper. I have one compressor down to earth and one blowing off on the internal PRV, now did you know that LG have known about this problem for a long time? The problems are caused by faulty fan speed controllers, the more people that I mention it to are saying oh yes, we have had FSC's failing, some have been caught before the compressors have been blowing on the PRV for prolonged periods, others have resulted in the PRV's blowing continually and cooking the compressors.

This has been confirmed by a colleague of mine at another company who has installed literally hundreds of LG's and once they reach 18 months old..........you got problems, mine have just reached 18 months. This has also been confirmed by an LG ditributor, I hasten to add not Shorts Environmental who supplied the equipment, I have found them difficult from a past experience with a problem that was never sorted out. Why do they treat us like mushrooms and keep us in the dark, why do they not have regular service bulletins to inform contractors of current problems so we can do something about it before it results in major failure, why are they so unhelpful and always work against you and not with you. Ever felt cheated?

As a cheaper alternative to LG check out the Mitsi M series, cheap as chips.

eggs
15-02-2006, 05:32 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2814&page=2

look for this mcbain fella, he wants to know your probs.

i just rip em out and put in some quality kit insted. I don't even try to fix them now.

cheers

eggs

Andy W
15-02-2006, 06:40 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2814&page=2

look for this mcbain fella, he wants to know your probs.

i just rip em out and put in some quality kit insted. I don't even try to fix them now.

cheers

eggsHA,HA,HA....I have spoken to him before, he could not even recollect our conversation, besides the problem that he was involved in was never resolved, it was dumped on to me to sort out myself at my cost, I had no choice, I had not been paid for the job and I wanted to retain the custom of a very good customer who was incidentally part of a large franchised chain, could of done my business a lot of harm, I never even got a labour allowance for that job or another one with faulty plastics, I have totally had it with LG.

LG........Lousy Goods:eek:

eggs
15-02-2006, 07:03 PM
yep had that one on the little cassetes.

cheers

eggs

Latte
15-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Me thinks bad idea posting that e-mail address for LG problems.

Oh Well, i am going to have fun getting details of units that have had compressors and gas leaks and e-mailing them off.

Anyone else had problems with suction 90 degree elbows. I have now done 3 Newist units where the elbow has cracked on the bend

Regards

Fatboy

eggs
15-02-2006, 07:57 PM
do your complaining with your wallet, don't buy the rubbish.
as, is being pointed out, the people listening to the complaints are not interested, they go home at 5 o'clock and have no worries.
think about how much one call back cost you, both in pure cash AND reputation.
it cost more than the extra price of fitting, Hitachi or Daikin in the first place.

cheers

eggs

Andy W
15-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Anyone else had problems with suction 90 degree elbows. I have now done 3 Newist units where the elbow has cracked on the bendBy any chance the 10 kw cooling only units, LG have had problems with them and sent their own engineer to a couple of sites that I know of to fit anacondas, also this may interest you, after I fitted a lot of wall mounted heat pumps in various office applications etc, LG turn around and say that the wall mounts are not for the commercial market, they are for the domestic market only with limited use, I have heard about moving the goal posts. Also on the latest generation LG all the distributors were told to with hold the stock as they had problems, a mate of mine had a wire rub through on a cassette and blew an hole in the copper evaporator losing all the gas, I have had 2 of the new 5 kw wall mounts that even installing them with a spirit level the condensate still back ups one end so adjustment to the wall mount is required, also press on the plastic cover near to the power switch and the machine turns off, how about all the condensing units with an offset rear foot, not very good when trying to hang on wall brackets. I am glad I have gone back over to Fujitsu. Does anyone have any opinions on the Samsung range of air conditioners?

eggs
16-02-2006, 12:13 AM
SAMSUNG
SAMEDUNG i call it!
I think i tried 3 systems, all duds, electrical conections you can't get a screwdriver to, wallmount cases that rattle from new, even SWM don't sell em anymore and they will sell you some rubbish. Airwell, Winea, Haier, Chigo and what were those old thing called? Amena was it?
Stick with quality and initially make less profit.

cheers

eggs

Andy W
16-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks for that, a local supplier of mine is having a big Samsung launch in March and has invited me along, looks like sticking to Fujitsu and Mitsi. Regarding Chigo, I installed a 3.5 kw wall mount heat pump in a tattoo studio, it worked great, the outdoor unit is a little flimsy but the wall mount looked good with the oval electronic display.

Karl Hofmann
16-02-2006, 09:41 AM

Oh Well, i am going to have fun getting details of units that have had compressors and gas leaks and e-mailing them off.

Anyone else had problems with suction 90 degree elbows. I have now done 3 Newist units where the elbow has cracked on the bend

Regards

Fatboy

Yep, I had a 10Kw cooling only with a cracked elbow, just as it enters the compressor. Hawco were very quick to replace the condenser unit, but I still had to hire a cherry picker to get it in to place.

I'll never fit LG again.

I've been invited to the same launch for Samsung as Andy but I am very cautious of using another cheap brand, much as I would like to support local suppliers. Tosh and Sanyo still press all of my buttons

rbartlett
16-02-2006, 09:53 AM
from a personal point of view beware of all things electrical or electronic emanating from Korea.

Cheap to buy -dear to own..

cheers

richard

Slim R410a
16-02-2006, 05:52 PM

Regards

Fatboy

A week after fitting my first LG, a 12.5kw floor standing heat pump, it had lost all its R22 through the elbow bend on the compressor. There was a big pool of oil under the comp.

Never again. Life's NOT good!:D