PDA

View Full Version : window AC cooling issue

gransport3800
20-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I just bought a used Sharp 12000 BTU window AC unit, model # AF-125FX-A. It blows 80 degree air on a 90 degree day. I turned it on set it on cool mode and the fan on high, adjusted the temp down to 60. I can hear the compressor kick on, but even after an hour of running it still only puts out 80 degree air. The filter is clean. Is this normal for these energy efficient ACs or could there be something wrong with it?

Reeferman27
20-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Yes, there is something wrong with it, you should have an TD of 20 to 30F. Get someone who knows what they are doing to repair it.

passandscore
20-07-2013, 01:19 PM
If you are going to get a professional to look at it I would consider just buying a new unit. You bought this unit used and unfortunately it has problems. By the time it is repaired you may very well have spend more then you would have had you purchased a new unit in the first place.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/appliances/heating-cooling-and-air/air-conditioners/air-conditioner-ratings/models/overview/sharp-af-s125rx-99048079.htm

addisonarrow
22-07-2013, 06:14 AM
I think so you can buy a brand new ac the most popular company in ac. LG window ac is cooling quality is better than another ac its noisy level low and lg provides good service

The MG Pony
22-07-2013, 01:46 PM
normaly I never go strieght to a low gas issue as a diagnostic how ever since you say the compressor runs and the simplicity of the system this is one of two options.

opt 1 Plugged orifice

Opt 2 gas leak

common fail point is the discharge going into the condensor will stress crack, but there are a few other spots you can get cracking in on the discharge side. So get a new one, get some one to recharge it/ clear cap tube.

Borisward
31-07-2013, 08:56 AM
I just bought a used Sharp 12000 BTU window AC unit, model # AF-125FX-A. It blows 80 degree air on a 90 degree day. I turned it on set it on cool mode and the fan on high, adjusted the temp down to 60. I can hear the compressor kick on, but even after an hour of running it still only puts out 80 degree air. The filter is clean. Is this normal for these energy efficient ACs or could there be something wrong with it?

Definitely something is wrong with you ac unit as if it runs continoulsy for one hour and doesn't provide you cool air. I think you should get it checked from some expert ac technician. For finding right one you can search online as each and every ac repair provider have their online. Check it online you can get professional ac repair provider.

nuwanchamara
02-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Check the back side condition of A/c -- Behind the condenser

The MG Pony
02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
there's a good thought, is the condencer free of debries and fins streight? with out that performance will be crap!