PDA

View Full Version : Pego Control Panel

Abe
21-10-2001, 12:25 PM
Pego control panel . Is it "ok" to use a common "neutral" cable from the evaporator to link to both evap fans and heaters.

Brian_UK
21-10-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Aiyub
Would it be ok to "link" the neutral on the panel, or would I have to put in a seperate neutral cable from both evap fans and heaters? Methinks you need an electrician before you go much farther.

May I pose the question back to you? if you thought it OK to link the neutrals in the evaporator then why shouldn't it be OK to do the same in the panel?

The only thing I would recommend is that the neutral is switched with the live in the local isolators, it makes fault finding easier and you know that all feeds have been switched off when you are working on the kit.

Abe
23-10-2001, 09:48 PM
Shucks...this is a staid and proper forum with no room for manouever or innovation !!
but I get your point and take your advice and have "not linked" but wired seperately and all is working well. And hopefully will now get paid for the job!!
pss. I do not definately not require a sparky, on a fridge job?? never!!!
LOL

Brian_UK
23-10-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Aiyub
Shucks...this is a staid and proper forum with no room for manouever or innovation !!
Whoops, sorry Aiyub, I didn't mean to come on strong or teach you to suck eggs etc. :o

but I get your point and take your advice and have "not linked" but wired seperately.......
The reason I raised this really was that I have been caught out a few times when the neutral has gone down somewhere in a circuit and I hadn't had my clear thinking head on.

pss. I do not definately not require a sparky, on a fridge job?? never!!! LOL Ooooh! touchy :D

Abe
24-10-2001, 07:22 PM
Brian,
Hey, thanks, I learnt something from you. I appreciate having learnt how to do it right. And I think Im being unfair to "sparkies!!! Better to get help from an electrician then a blown up control panel!!!
Once again.......thanks mate