PDA

View Full Version : leak seal

Rob shepherd
18-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Has anyone tryed clipright super seal? Got a twin Mitsubishi system and it has a leak all the pipe work runs above a mf ceiling,so no chance of finding it.Would like to know if this stuff is any good or just a waste of time and money.

FreezerGeezer
18-07-2013, 10:54 AM
We used quite a bit of it at my previous employer on one specific site. Reason being that the chemicals used on site make all the copper porous & brittle. It was a last-resort-to-keep-it-running-a-bit-longer situation. Client had considered various options ranging from new units with Blygood treatment to exotica like full stainless steel but as always had no money. In CW t that wife's being closed down at the end of this year.
Anyway, it seemed to work ok for micro leaks, but ineffective on anything larger. It hasn't been in the systems long enough IMO to decide if there's any detrimental effect. Mind you, I'd have thought the word would be out by now if there were any challenges with it.

monkey spanners
18-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I've not used it but from talking to others others it seems to either work well or bung up txv's and seize up compressors.

The Viking
18-07-2013, 06:09 PM
It will work well, as long as the system itself is clean and dry.
(Vacuum to below 500 microns and virgin gas)

I had a VRF that lost 6kg per year with no leaks on the accessible parts of the system but a lot of the piperuns either in walls or under the floors.
Shot with leak seal and it worked perfectly for another 6 years. (And it was even fully operational 6 years later when it was replaced)

Rob shepherd
18-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys,might give it a go,i was a bit worried about blocking capillaries ect but haven't got many options apart from pulling the ceiling down.Don't think that would go down to well.Then again with the heat we have had in the last few days they might saw just do it.:D