PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to this site!

e1ectr1c
14-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Hi Guys, Im from Sydney Australia.

have been working in the Air conditioning business for around 8yrs
am a licenced Sparky and in the next few months should have my A/C and refrigeration ticket

we mainly do vrv/vrf systems Fujitsu, Mitsubishi and Samsung along with the usual ducted and split systems

thought id join this forum to expand my knowledge and help other if i can.

Are there Many Aussies on here?

chemi-cool
14-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Welcome,
Planty of Aussies here, and nice ones too, its their day off today....

al
14-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Welcome mate.

Josip
14-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi, e1ectr1c :)

Welcome to RE forums ...

Hi Guys, Im from Sydney Australia.

have been working in the Air conditioning business for around 8yrs
am a licenced Sparky and in the next few months should have my A/C and refrigeration ticket

we mainly do vrv/vrf systems Fujitsu, Mitsubishi and Samsung along with the usual ducted and split systems

thought id join this forum to expand my knowledge and help other if i can.

Are there Many Aussies on here?

it is good opportunity to be a teacher and student in the same time here ...
welcome with your Q&A ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

monkey spanners
14-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Welcome to RE e1ectr1c!

Aspire
27-07-2013, 06:42 PM
G'Day to you e1ectr1c.

I spent several month's in Melbourne and on the Gold Coast many moon's ago.

Anyway, a quick question, as I am slightly confused ?

I see that you mentioned that you were licenced to carry out electrical work ? and that you have been in the HVAC industry for 8 years. (You started at 16 years old ) How is it that you now need to get a ticket for HVAC ?.
Do you need a qualification to handle Fridge Gas in Oz ?.
And what basic qualifications do you need to install HAVC equipment ?.

I know a few Pom's who had to sit certain electrical courses, to update to Oz standards, I was wondering if this was the same for UK City & Guilds and UK NVQ Qualifications and maybe F Gas ?

All the best

e1ectr1c
05-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Hi mate,
Sorry for the late reply

I left school at 16 and did my study as an Electrician, The Company i work for does electrical and HVAC work, so have always done both, i just chose to go down the electrical path as my study at TAFE. So i have my contractors licence in electrical and am at tafe at the moment doing my Refrigeration and Airconditioning licence and also Refrigerant handling licence.
Not sure how it works over there but to handle refrigerant over here you need a Refrigerant handling licence, and to buy it you need an ARCTIK licence.

a couple of mates that have came over from the UK have had to do a few things over here to get into our standards as opposed to yours. mainly just different wiring rules and gas laws

e1ectr1c
05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Also thanks for the welcome guys!

kefah
07-10-2013, 08:08 PM
u r welcome

PaulZ
08-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi electr1c
Welcome, good to see another Aussie join we need more, there are several guys from Sydney on this site.
There is lots of info passed on here, hope you can use and contribute.
Paul