PDA

View Full Version : Seems I have to take MEUK to court

DTLarca
12-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Regarding our 4th indoor unit found to have a total refrigerant blockage immediately upon operation initiation for commissioning.

I actually have a nice collection of photo's from various sites over the last few years suffering "dead on arrival" Mitsubishi Electric Kit.

Will have to start a few threads for these case studies.

Will keep this section updated with the legal process.

Anyone else had hassles with MEUK?

Anyone needing my expert technical opinion on any disputes with them - maybe you think they have been bull-****ting you?

eggs
12-07-2013, 11:22 PM
anyone who chooses what they put in use Toshiba...the best by far.
I have some "interesting" MEUK DOA video's and pics to share as well. As Paul Calfe would say "bag of ****e"

DTLarca
13-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Toshiba? Just make sure that for any multi-outdoor VRV Manufacturer you do not use Tees to feed suction gas back up to each unit from the common suction line running underneath the units. Not so bad if you Tee off to the side of the common suction line, still not recommended, but its a no brainer that you cannot Tee off the top of that line to come up into each of the units where the last unit then has a bend turning up. All the oil and mode change refrigerant flood back goes always to the last outdoor unit overwhelming those accumulators and so too the compressors with oil and/or liquid refrigerant. You'll be replacing compressors every other month. Happened on an installation I investigated for a large main contractor. Refnets, refnets, refnets and refnet installation rules are important for all VRV manufacturers - even those who permit Tees now and again.