PDA

View Full Version : Never to old to learn!







Grizzly
11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi Guys!
Working on an Ice plant today that had more than a few issues, including several Small wispy leaks.
Having repaired the leaks.
One of the hot gas lines had a Danfoss solenoid coil (EVRA 20) which had burned out.

Having replaced the coil for a new one and discovered a loose neutral, there were still issues?

Which was found by my esteemed colleague.

The brass terminals (which clamp the supply cable) had turned blue/green
Causing a high resistance within the connections, which cause the coil to malfunction.


Ain't seen that one before!
The combination of moist damp air and ammonia (albeit a small amount) within the area.
Was the perfect breeding ground for copper oxide (or a blue green scale?)

Changed the Terminal box and all was good!
Grizzly

Brian_UK
11-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Been down to Brixham today then?