PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba evaporating to low

techni
10-07-2013, 03:53 PM
I have a Toshiba ducted unit 12 kW giving out an air temperature of 6 C causing condensation.
Could exp valve be faulty? I have tried everything else without stripping down the outdoor, gas charge ok weighed out and recharged, changing over to heat no problem. No faults on controller but when I put into test mode got E 04 communication error. any ideas?

Neddy
10-07-2013, 08:12 PM
What's your air on temp? Have you good airflow across the coil? Any supply/ return air grills shut? Any restrictions on the ductwork?

techni
11-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Air on temp 24 feed by 4 ducted return grills, all fully open no blockages.??Fan speeds adjusting ok

r.bartlett
11-07-2013, 10:24 AM
air flow too low -is it on high static setting?

Loops
01-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi Techni,
First off what model indoor \ outdoor do you have?
I'd put my money on poor air flow too. I frequently come across ducted indoor with incorrect ducts installed - especially with ducted returns too.
You don't say what fan speed you are using to do the tests on. Higher is better.
You need to check the air volume and compare to the specs Tosh provide.
Also think about under sizing - if the kit runs constantly either it's not performing or is undersized - either of which could lead to grilles getting too cold and dripping moisture.
Some Tosh models (R22 & R407c) came with a 'jack up' loom to boost the air volume too.
An unlikely one (given it's summer) but could your system be over condensing?

Let us know what you find.

Cheers

Loops

PS I used to work for Tosh tech dept