PDA

View Full Version : Vibration in 5H126 Compressor discharge line

Cool Bananas.
07-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Can anyone offer any input into possible causes as to why there may be a serious vibration ( at partial load) in the discharge of a 5H126 R22 Compressor. The system has been in place for many years & has had some vibration problems in the past. I suspect possible liquid migration but am not sure. I have put a request in to open the compressor to inspect Valves etc, but am waiting on client to give me the go ahead.

I am interested in getting feed back from other fridgies to get other points of view.

PS: I am new to this whole forum thing, so if i am breaking any protocols forgive me. Cheers.

moideen
07-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Hi,cool,
Welcome to re. Check compressor loading/unloading mechanism. During the full load, if the compressor is not vibrating, you can sure the compressor crankshaft, connecting rods and valves are ok. Check unloader sleeves, pins and springs for wear and free movement.

passandscore
08-07-2013, 12:48 PM
I agree with the advice given by moideen.

Cool Bananas.
09-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Thank you for your responses. I have noticed that the vibration appears at Mid load. I also suspect unloader system, but feel that this is symptom of bigger problem. I suspect the Evap coil is blocked up inside or TX valve issue as the compressor suction is very cold. Thank you for your feed back. Sometimes its good to get reassurance. Thanks. We are waiting for Client to approve inspection. I will let you all know what we find. Cheers.

Can anyone offer any input into possible causes as to why there may be a serious vibration ( at partial load) in the discharge of a 5H126 R22 Compressor. The system has been in place for many years & has had some vibration problems in the past. I suspect possible liquid migration but am not sure. I have put a request in to open the compressor to inspect Valves etc, but am waiting on client to give me the go ahead.

I am interested in getting feed back from other fridgies to get other points of view.

PS: I am new to this whole forum thing, so if i am breaking any protocols forgive me. Cheers.

Steve Works
27-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I agree with the advice given by moideen.

Same here. It's by far the safest solution. :)