PDA

View Full Version : service agreement refrigeration and a/c advice

Mr-Frosty
06-07-2013, 09:36 PM
good evening ladies and gents ive been a member on here for quite some time ive only just rediscovered the forum. ive been in the industry over 10 years now working on numerous types of equipment . I now feel it is time to put the ice skates on and set my self free and become self employed. I have all the figures worked out for charges etc but im struggling to cross the t's and dot the i's and get it into a readable format. I was wondering if any of you kinds souls would have a template I could reword and adjust to suit my requirements or give me an idea of what else I may need to include. any help is greatly appreciated. kind regards David

james10
06-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Good luck with your venture ;)

Tayters
07-07-2013, 12:47 AM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?39232-Service-Contract-Template-Link#post279116

Cheers and good luck!
Andy.

Mr-Frosty
07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Tayters you are a true gent, many thanks for this it is exactly what I am looking for. I think I will stick around on the forum from now on.

install monkey
07-07-2013, 10:20 AM
wait till he sends you a template for an invoice, with vat numbers and 28day payment terms!:o

Tayters you are a true gent, many thanks for this it is exactly what I am looking for. I think I will stick around on the forum from now on.

Tayters
07-07-2013, 10:39 AM

No problem but I can't take the credit for it - it's all due to this chap: http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?23529-Northdude

As for invoices, well I leave that to the accountant but make sure you get payment before leaving the shop or be prepared to go back for 'some tools left behind' to take out the parts you've fitted. :-)

Mr-Frosty
07-07-2013, 05:19 PM
I will bear that in mind thank you.I am located in bradford w.yorkshire and another question i have is, what is the going rate for the day as a subcontractor? I was thinkin £180 for a working day of 8 hours plus 1 hour travel and mileage charged at 50p per mile, would you consider this a reasonable figure?

install monkey
07-07-2013, 05:56 PM
you have to look at your outgoings/operating costs, inc liability insurance,f gas registration,and your wage, also take into account,you might not be workin 5 days a week until things get going, also if u do any of the takeaways round bradford,trying to get money out of shop keepers- its easier pulling teeth!
good luck:)

chilliwilly
07-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I would stay well clear of them places because you will certainly run out of teeth!

Mr-Frosty
07-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the advice i do abit of work for the takeaways i eat from and they know the score, i dont really want to be getting into that market as like you say its easy to get burned. I am ideally looking for installation and repair work to any refrigeration and air conditioning and chiller equipment. Service and maintenance is my preffered line of work as i find installs quite repetative all though quite enjoyable. I just want to stay on top of my game and provide a quality service at a competative price, to start with i am employed by a company so have a wage coming in. But evenings and weekends to start with i plan on building my own foundations to a business for myself. Any help or advice you can offer from being in the same position would be a great help. And id like to thank you all for your input so far.