PDA

View Full Version : The DIY installer

matt.smithers
04-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi all,

Got a question, now we all have the F-Gas certs (if your in the uk) and I have a question on these DIY systems. I'm getting more and more calls from people asking me to check these systems out and every time I see one there's feck all gas in them now I have read the installation manual for added technical ability and in the back it states "allow for 25% gas loss per year" which is all well and good but that would mean the manufacturers of these high quality systems know they are selling these knowing the gas will leak? I know the gas is seeping from the connections so how are they getting away with it? No one that installs systems does a pressure test loses pressure and says that'll do?!? Shouldn't these type of systems be banned?

Hope all are good :p

CraigF
04-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I suppose they create work for all us qualified experienced people, charged by the hour of course!!

matt.smithers
04-07-2013, 01:55 PM
This is very true but knowing you will do a pressure test maybe it don't show straight away your in a moral dilemma, do you say it's fixed full well knowing it will leak again and in theory your releasing gas to atmosphere or don't touch it at all?

install monkey
04-07-2013, 09:06 PM
them self piercing lines are crap, have been for years- hitatchi splits 20yr ago had then connections and always the o ring perishes, or some clever git treis to relocate the unit and degasses it in the process