PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RZQ125KV4A

rude
04-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Hi guys

i have a L5 fault with this unit. I have taken compressor amp draws and it ramps up to 31amps. ID plate says compressor should draw 23.

I have spoken to Daikin and they recommend changing pc board compressor and both condenser fan motors.

Im just unsure to why I need to change the fan motors? Any ideas?

oilyrag37
05-07-2013, 02:18 AM
hello mate, I new to this forum, but again where are you taking amp readings from? the main supply or directly from compressor feed?
if from the main supply, I would trace the wires back from the condenser fan motors to the pcb disconnect them, then take readings again from supply, if they are still high then compressor is at fault., if lower fans, 1 or 2 need replacing, do the same check again for each condenser fan motor, connecting individually, hope that makes sense?

rude
05-07-2013, 04:45 AM
I took amp draw from wires going into the compressor.

Paul84
05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Hi guys,

An L5 is nearly always a grounded compressor. Just check your windings to earth for 1Mohms or less.

To keep it simple, change the inverter PCB and compressor. If both fan motors run on start up they won't need to be changed.

The Viking
05-07-2013, 12:07 PM
As Paul said, do check the windings to earth (if you haven't got a Megger/insulation tester, find a friendly electrician)

Another thing to be aware of, your amp meter will it take a square wave? Some meters only work properly when they are measuring a sine wave and can not cope with the square wave produced by inverters (or the change of frequency)

:cool:

RusBuka
05-07-2013, 12:09 PM
�� Faulty compressor coil (disconnection, poor insulation)
�� Compressor startup malfunction (mechanical lock)
�� Faulty inverter PC board
�� Instantaneous fluctuation of power supply voltage
�� Faulty compressor (if bearing is scratched)
�� The stop valve is left in closed.

To measure current on wires going from invertor PCB it is senseless.
Measure on 1 phase coming by power supply at least.

RusBuka
05-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Another thing to be aware of, your amp meter will it take a square wave? Some meters only work properly when they are measuring a sine wave and can not cope with the square wave produced by inverters (or the change of frequency)

:cool:

You outstripped me)

rude
10-07-2013, 04:33 AM
Thanks guys.

i have quoted to change the pc board and compressor.

r.bartlett
10-07-2013, 01:01 PM
better to replace the outdoor unit if you can easier and a much better job