PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsu wall mount split

Darrenp
29-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi , iv recently been called to site , they said indoor wall mount had frozen up on coils , checked when I got there and all seemed ok , there had been ice on coils as it was soaking on floor ... Checked pressures all seem ok , ran unit and ran ok .. But another call has come in and same thing happening , any ideas , out door unit has comp capacitor and fan capacitor , that's about it .. Checked indoor pcb etc , main relay all seem ok ?? This is in a kitchen and has NO controller and is basically turned on by fused spur , so no set points .. Any ideas fellas before I go back Monday

install monkey
29-06-2013, 10:13 AM
check drain/ condensate pump filter- had it where drip tray fills with water and causes freeze up, and also condensation forming under the drip tray- get a controller for it- last muppet may have had it set at 16 low fan .
also fitting a wall mount in a kitchen isnt the best- ideally a ducted unit using return air not from the kitchen and a remote sensor.

Darrenp
29-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes iv told them all that , cleaned drop tray on last visit , just a gravity drain .. Iv also told them they need a controller .. None of these people ever listen .. Thanks for the advice tho mate .. Will check it out again Monday

monkey spanners
29-06-2013, 01:03 PM
If its really basic system and wired to be permanently on, maybe a defrost clock wired to stop the compressor would help?

install monkey
29-06-2013, 01:12 PM
with most kitchens typical room temp is under 20 deg until they turn on every gas appliance to get it upto +30 deg then theyre in and out fridges- so it will be undersized- if theyre using the auto button on the unit it will run at 24 auto low fan, spend a day monitering it under normal circumstances- but dont let them offer u any food unless u checked the temps of the fridges first.

i refitted a walk in freezer door once at a post house hotel in chester- chef was happy with the work we did- offered us some food- waited in staff room - a plate of cheese and tomato butties turned up- not a big cheese fan so thats why they were stuffed between the radiators!!! haha

Darrenp
29-06-2013, 01:55 PM
So it's probably a toasted cheese and tomato now !!! When u say auto 24 is that 24 degrees. ?? Low fan

install monkey
29-06-2013, 01:59 PM
yep.......

MikeHolm
29-06-2013, 01:59 PM
John is shaking his head........not a cheese fan OMG

Darrenp
29-06-2013, 02:00 PM
I know , disgraceful .. Nothing better than I good strong mature cheese

install monkey
29-06-2013, 02:11 PM
it was grated, on cheap no frills bread and the tomato was sliced thinner than a hair- think it was drawn on the bread in felt tip pen!-oh and i vented the radiator and loosened the head on the trv! before leaving

I know , disgraceful .. Nothing better than I good strong mature cheese

Darrenp
29-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Good job !!!