PDA

View Full Version : Log Book of Chiller

anil130
26-06-2013, 04:52 PM
hi friens..
would any body guide me how to maintain the maintenance log book of air cooled chiller..? or is there any software for this..?

GC Bermuda
26-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Sorry...I can't help myself...I would recommend you maintain your chiller log book by giving it library conditions.

hookster
26-06-2013, 07:19 PM
A log book is only as good as the person who inputs the information, understands what is being observed, interprets/ predicts readings and keeps it up to date. Saying that I am a very big fan of detailed service records much to the disgust of most technicians. Best idea is just to get an app written to collect the data, a spread sheet or a good old service file. So often you see a service worksheet without any system readings at all!!! What is the use of that to the next person or for seasonal predictions?

GC Bermuda
27-06-2013, 12:35 AM
I agree with the hookster!! Most log sheets end up in a file on site,or in the companies office draw!! Some of my important clients get chiller logs monthly,most quarterly,but I will still find time to photocopy them,and place them in a plastic file,stuck on the front of the chiller...or in your case by the exit to your air cooled machine(in the dry)... All that info is where my colleagues can see how the machine operates...if they need to go behind me.....

anil130
27-06-2013, 02:43 AM
i agree with you, i also want to keep each and every record of it so i need the format or spread sheet.or any software for this.it would be highly appreciated if you provide me..and thanks in advance..

A log book is only as good as the person who inputs the information, understands what is being observed, interprets/ predicts readings and keeps it up to date. Saying that I am a very big fan of detailed service records much to the disgust of most technicians. Best idea is just to get an app written to collect the data, a spread sheet or a good old service file. So often you see a service worksheet without any system readings at all!!! What is the use of that to the next person or for seasonal predictions?

moideen
27-06-2013, 05:45 AM
i agree with you, i also want to keep each and every record of it so i need the format or spread sheet.or any software for this.it would be highly appreciated if you provide me..and thanks in advance..

Find the attached sample log sheet of screw chiller and you can edit the parameters in accordance with the chiller type. The required parameters will be defined in chiller operation and maintenance manual.10510