PDA

View Full Version : Unisab 3 Remote Auto/Manual switch

nz_sparky
26-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Hello
We have just converted 2 x unisab 3 controller running star delta to a inverter setup, we reprogramedthe drives to rotatune and it is running smoothly so far. We would like to have a hard auto/manual switch instead of the operator having to change it in the menus. i have read through all the manuals i can find and they talk about remote control of the unisab but there is no documentation to show the wiring and parameter changes required.

If someone has done this some assistance would be much appreciated

Josip
26-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Hi, nz_sparky :)

welcome to RE forums ...

Hello
We have just converted 2 x unisab 3 controller running star delta to a inverter setup, we reprogramedthe drives to rotatune and it is running smoothly so far. We would like to have a hard auto/manual switch instead of the operator having to change it in the menus. i have read through all the manuals i can find and they talk about remote control of the unisab but there is no documentation to show the wiring and parameter changes required.

If someone has done this some assistance would be much appreciated

hard a/m switch :confused: ... unfortunately that is not applicable ... it should be very simple for operator to change between auto/manual mode even during compressor run ... there is a good reason for operator to see the UNISAB III display before switching auto/manual mode ... believe me ...

generally, compressor equipped with Unisab III should always run in auto mode ... manual mode is for very skilled people ... even then mostly for commissioning ...

sorry for my ignorance, but why is difficult for operator to change auto/manual mode...:confused: within UNISAB III...

of course, it is possible to instal remote switch to connection DI6 for normal stop or to connection DI7 for instant stop

...no need to change any parameter if you made a good configuration during commissioning ...

hope this will be of some help to you....
X3 Digital Input
DI6 (11GND -12)-External start permission-normal stop -if use remove jumper
DI7 (13GND -14)-External start permission-instant stop -if use remove jumper

Best regards, Josip :)