PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RR71B7W1B

bigspee
24-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Had a call to a split unit showing E4, put my gauges on and found it seriously low, found and repaired the leaks, vacced out and recharged. After the unit running for about 15 mins it shut off there is more than enough load for the unit. No fault code but it just stopped cooling, went back out on the roof and the outdoor had come back on. The suction pressure was staying at the 5bar mark and occasionally rising to 7 bar, then after 15 mins the unit stopped again, I went to the controller and the fault code history had E4, u0 and A3. I am pointing towards a faulty electric expansion valve ( y1e). I am after a second opinion, or if anyone had come across similar problems?
Thanks in advance

install monkey
24-06-2013, 09:08 PM
check strainer gauzes- its a non inverter , theres about 2 on the indoor and 2 on outdoor
http://www.icglimited.co.uk/library/web/1.%20Daikin/2.%20Split%20&%20Commercial%20DX%20Manuals/4.%20Service/RQ71-125-B%20SERVICE%20(SM-ESIE05-01).pdf
manual for ya:)

bigspee
24-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Thanks! Very useful! Im swaying toward the EEV body I checked for a temp difference between the filter on the outdoor, I didn't know there is a strainer on the indoor units!

install monkey
24-06-2013, 10:36 PM
drawing shows 3 driers and only 1 strainer on the outdoor- usually theyre on either side of the lev
look for the indented rim on the pipe, and check temp difference on either side when running- levs are renoun for sticking on the 4mx multisplits so it could be faulty body- heads are usually ok

install monkey
24-06-2013, 10:44 PM
also you say u checked the gas charge- im assuming u allowed for extendended piperuns-additional 30grm per mtr for over 30 mtr- from memory
a3 alarm is high condensate level- usually sludge in the drip tray-reducing pump performance- u also say suction press was 5-7 bar constant- maybe lp switch connection not secured on pcb or cable chaffed?
u0- short of gas/lev
check the evap/condenser coils are clean inside, pumped sprayer will sort out
e4 low pressure
where was the leak- out of intrest?

bigspee
25-06-2013, 12:31 PM
The leak was on both flair nuts on the outdoor unit, yeah the pipe run is 13 meters so didn't need to add any more for pipe runs. Only 1 indoor unit off the system. Unfortunately I haven't got the model number of the indoor unit :( the suction pressure rarely we above 5 bar occasionally went up to 7bar. If it was a blocked dryer wouldn't it pull into a vaccume?

bigspee
25-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Now got the indoor model number FAQ71bUV1B

refcon32
25-06-2013, 10:09 PM
You can check expansion valve head operation by swaping over the blue and yellow wire positions on multi plug, with power off and head removed from body. when you power up again with head still off you should see the worm drive screw back into head repeat until fully wound back. if doesn't wind back replace. This is the worm screw type that screws onto top of eev body with 20 odd mm nut.