PDA

View Full Version : psst wanna but some tools??

rbartlett
10-02-2006, 10:34 AM
hi guy's

went to the car this morning to find someone had got there first..

cheers

richard

Argus
10-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Sickening, Richard. Comiserations.

Most likely the police don't want to know as it's just another car-crime statistic.

Did you loose much, apart from the time and agro?
________
Ford EXP picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_EXP)

rbartlett
10-02-2006, 12:07 PM
yep and I quote "well we won't be sending anyone round unless you find something of evidence like blood or a brick"

so now I'm a S.O.C officer !!

insurance "so how much have you lost?"
me " oh about 1.5k worth of stuff tools, satnav personal etc"
insurance "great you're covered up to 100 quid and your excess is..........100 quid"

they even took my box of tech manuals..so there will be some pretty clued up drugges in newbury this weekend..

so I sit here window smashed, without any kit to my name and 15 hundred quid down the swannie...

cheers

richard

aawood1
10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Sorry to see Richard.
It's sickening what some people will get upto,A mate lost some tools from his workshop but found some of them on ebay 8 weeks later on. The police did not want to know about it.
Arthur.

US Iceman
10-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your stolen tools. I have had the very same problem twice. Once they only broke into the truck and took the hand tools and test equipment (multi-meter, amprobe, megger, and infra-red gun).

The second time someone stole the entire truck from a public parking lot on a very busy corner. All tools missing again. :mad:

The police recovered the truck two days later in another parking lot during a second robbery attempt.

The interesting part.... The parking lots were within two blocks of a local police station!

Nothing was recovered from either event.

The sad part, besides the missing tools, is getting the new hand tools broken in.

I would have liked to catch the person(s) just once.

slingblade
10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Unlucky bud. a sign of the times and the world in which we live, but look on the bright side it could have been worse it could have been my car.;) it to has happened to me and after replacing all the obvious gear the annoying thing is is the job six months later down the line where you look for something not very often used to find its not there. tw@s.

Peter_1
10-02-2006, 06:11 PM
They even took your steering wheel Richard :eek:
No, no, .. se now ion the other pictures that you come from that country where they put the steers on the wrong...sorry...the other side.

These things happens but this isn't a drama.
It's allways a lot better then waking up on a morning, feeling not that well, going to a doctor who tells you that you're very sick and that it can't be cured.

These things can be repaired by working some weeks a little bit harder then usual and billing the gas perhaps a little bit more expensive.

We - and i know you do - must learn to see some events in the right proportions.

But still, I feel sorry for you Richard.

phil68
10-02-2006, 07:11 PM
The same has happened to me a few times in the past. The latest was last year when the *******s smashed the back window of my van & pushed through the grille behind it -there's a warning there, those grilles they fit behind the rear windows in vans won't stop anybody. Had my tools away, a set of ref. gauges (why?) & a cordless drill. The tools were mine but the rest were my company's & it turns out that they don't insure their van contents, so I had to have the day off & go & buy new tools etc.:( My tools now come off the van every night & as the rest of the stuff is my employers it stays in there.
Only last week I caught some low-life trying to break in by poking a length of metal down the side of the door in broad daylight outside my parent's house.

davej
10-02-2006, 08:34 PM
sincere comiserations we had our office done twice in 6months various computer kit and two vehicle in the same period one on last sunday morning. it is time they started cutting off hands went hey catch them. ( they can only do it twice then)
we have to load and unload tools morning and night now as insurance wont cover us at night.

i feel for you. the b***ards

botrous
10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear about that richard

Macca
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Had it happen twice to me, & my son had his van turned over about 2 months ago.
I believe in fate what goes around comes around.
Maybe the little B*****D scores some bad dope & it puts him or them in a wooden box, or ther's a tree or lampost with their names onit.
Sorry mate, know how it feels.

chillin out
10-02-2006, 10:18 PM
That is bad news Richard, hope they catch the little $hits.

Nice car though,

Not even sigh written,

Could have been anybodys car,

They must have seen something of interest inside,

Im making a point here.

Be more carefull and lets not see a next time.

Chillin

Abe
10-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Some years back they stole my Kango blower, the one I use to blow out condensers

What on earth would they use it for?

Ive tried everywhere to get one, I dont see one anywhere

They broke my locks 3 times, each time I had to get all the locks changed, so I had only one key

Chopper
11-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I had my van broken into too and they not only made off with my tools but another engineers tools that were in the van too!
We were working on an install away from home and i had to go college during the final week of the install, so to save time i took the other guys berlingo van to college leaving him with my bigger van and both our tool kits and install gear in it.
BIG MISTAKE!:eek:
Theiving glaswegians were in the van, bust the back door open and loaded the lot into another van!!
the biggest nightmare was that i was just finishing my apprenticeship so was finally fully kitted out and although i had insurance through the work i still spent the next few years collecting all the little things that make things so much easier all over again!:(
If i ever get my hands on them!:D

jamcool
11-02-2006, 01:19 PM
sorry to hear man,its all over,had a guy once try to sell me a set of push on car a/c connections he thought they were washing machine knobs he never had a clue just wanted money to buy his next hit.Had to run him

Mark
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
http://http://www.tooled-up.com/ManSubCategory.asp?MAN=Makita-Blowers&MID=MAK&CID=4&SCID=561&Type=1

Aiyub,

Take a look at these blowers.They work the same as the kango version.

Kind regards. Mark

Lazarus
11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi Mark could you check that link.... didnt work for me !!

Mark
11-02-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.tooled-up.com/ManSubCategory.asp?MAN=Makita-Blowers&MID=MAK&CID=4&SCID=561&Type=1

Abe
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Thx Mark

Really appreciate it

Abe

rbartlett
30-10-2006, 08:41 AM
The little ****s did it again this morning to my other Zafira. Luckily (irony) I was up and getting dressed so heard the alarm go off.

I opened the window and shouted which stopped him getting anything and to see the darling little hoodie running off..

Another day lost and 75 quid on new glass...

Cheers

Richard

NoNickName
30-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Isn't police in the uk involved in car theft or burglary?

old gas bottle
30-10-2006, 05:29 PM
liitle ****s !!! i had mine done some years ago,last few vans have the following spec, full metal bulkhead,no glass rear doors,maple security slam locks to side and rear doors, cut a small hole in the bullkhead for 3mtr pipes,they tend to walk past it once they have seen that lot, watch they dont come back again mate,empty it for a bit.

monkey spanners
30-10-2006, 09:21 PM
When i'm in charge, criminals will have to pass the usefullness to society test. If they fail it they should be used as crash test dummies or dipped in nitrogen and put through a chipper. That'll teach em.

US Iceman
30-10-2006, 09:30 PM
If they fail it they should be used as crash test dummies or dipped in nitrogen and put through a chipper.

Perhaps they should be dipped in nitrogen and then used for crash test dummies. I still remember the first time I saw a rubber ball dipped in nitrogen.

When the ball was dropped that made an impression I won't soon forget.

taz24
30-10-2006, 09:38 PM
The little ****s did it again this morning to my other Zafira. Luckily (irony) I was up and getting dressed so heard the alarm go off.

I opened the window and shouted which stopped him getting anything and to see the darling little hoodie running off..

Another day lost and 75 quid on new glass...

Cheers

Richard

That’s absolutely the worst mate.
All the best but keep your vehicle empty for a while.
They seem to think you are an easy target.

Cheers taz.

Ps do you want to buy a cheap set of gauges?
I got them from a lad in a hoody :)

Obi Wan
30-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Bad luck Richard, I think if you were done 2 or 3 times then the police will class it as you being targeted as aposed to just a break in. Some of our engineers have lost laptops (4 at the last count). Apart from the mindless damage to the cars the lost data is major pain in the a**.