PDA

View Full Version : Versatemp

cooltools
22-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Ok does any one have any info on these bad boys ? Got a shop with 14 ducted type units fitted all running on r22 , we got 7 I stock room which work and 7 on shop floor but only 5 work . So got to go in the night to drop 5 working units from stock room and refit on shop floor ..... This not going to be fun as its a mess !

The units are model VHC304 so has anyone any info on this kit ???

Cheers for any help

install monkey
22-06-2013, 09:11 AM
http://www.clivet-uk.co.uk/concept.htm
might be worth inspecting the 5 knackered ones to proove they are beyond economical repair- although i dont rate them and am suprized that u got 7 still working

The Viking
22-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Oh dear, where to start...

I guess the best starting point is to verify that there is a free water flow through each unit. Quite often you will find that the (water) coil in the units is blocked, restricting the flow and causing the compressor to over heat. I even worked on a couple of these where a normal flushing unit haven't been powerful enough to push any water through the coil, only raising the pressure up to test pressure levels with OFN shifted the blockage.

After you verified the flow it is just back to normal fault finding. the controls can be a bit "odd" especially if they got the semi integrated digital controllers. Each unit normally got the wiring diagram inside and I quite often when working on Versatemps bypass the controls and set up my own with a couple of switches on fly leads just for trouble shooting purposes.

Happy Hunting...

:cool: