and model is AP30N1A
the unit is working perfectly
as i use it in cooling mode
its normally that after the desired temp is reached
the outdoor unit is turnoff and indoor unit keep running
but
the problem here
when the desired temp reached
the outdoor unit turn off and indoor unit shutdown then its turn on after 2 second
and when the room temp equal the set temp
the outdoor unit run
so why the indoor unit turn off then turn on
what is the problem
this happen every time
and the unit cools very excellent

kefah
18-06-2013, 12:55 PM
up
up
up

kefah
18-06-2013, 06:26 PM
please help
here is the manual
http://199.91.152.149/eu2j7iq2hbog/doiko836owd638h/AP28N0A_IB_E_31713-2.pdf

Brian_UK
18-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Link document fails

install monkey
18-06-2013, 11:07 PM
it worked for me the link- i clicked to open as opposed to download- its for a floor standing unit- but not the normal type- the big tall narrow ones - cant find anything on google or other branded search engines

kefah
19-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Link document fails
try this
http://dc581.2shared.com/download/PAYS4BA9/AP28N0A_E_31713A.pdf?tsid=20130619-120148-b8b32113

kefah
19-06-2013, 01:04 PM
it worked for me the link- i clicked to open as opposed to download- its for a floor standing unit- but not the normal type- the big tall narrow ones - cant find anything on google or other branded search engines

you read the manual or not

Brian_UK
19-06-2013, 09:21 PM
OK got the manual but it doesn't have any useful information in it to explain the inner workings of the machine

kefah
19-06-2013, 09:32 PM
OK got the manual but it doesn't have any useful information in it to explain the inner workings of the machine
ok
some people told me that in cooling mode the indoor unit (fan and led ) will turn off when desired temperature is reached
due to
frosting in indoor
energy saving
anti air draft function
so how to ensure that i dont have problem

eggs
19-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Kefah.

Why have you PM'ed me twice about this? Have you mistaken me for somebody else?

Cheers

eggs

Brian_UK
19-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Eggs,he normally PM's me every time he starts a thread for some reason, he must think that you are the man with the answers. ;)

The Viking
20-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Or he figured out that we are closet Liverpool fans...

http://youtu.be/XlP9KGjqXf4

eggs
20-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Eggs,he normally PM's me every time he starts a thread for some reason, he must think that you are the man with the answers. ;)

:confused: I'm a ducter with a vac pump and ideas above my station :D

terylee
21-06-2013, 02:06 AM
Please check the air conditioner (http://www.hlzxcf.com/)emergency switch and compressor relay contral is ok.

install monkey
22-06-2013, 09:16 AM
does tri county do service calls to iraq????:o

I think you need to consult it with professional ac repair provider who can provide its better solution and check it for you that what's the problem there in your AC.http://www.tri-countyac.com/ac-repair-tamarac
(http://www.tri-countyac.com/ac-repair-tamarac)

kefah
22-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Kefah.

Why have you PM'ed me twice about this? Have you mistaken me for somebody else?

Cheers

eggs

sorry
that happened mistakenly

kefah
22-06-2013, 12:58 PM

i pm you and others
because i know you have the most correct answer
and i appreciate that from you
sorry for disturbing

kefah
22-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I think you need to consult it with professional ac repair provider who can provide its better solution and check it for you that what's the problem there in your AC.http://www.tri-countyac.com/ac-repair-tamarac
(http://www.tri-countyac.com/ac-repair-tamarac)

thanx for nothing

jdunc2301
22-06-2013, 03:01 PM
sounds to me like its working ok...bit strange but working ok, after all if you haven't got a problem like freezing indoor unit/excessive condensation then why ask

kefah
23-06-2013, 04:16 AM
sounds to me like its working ok...bit strange but working ok, after all if you haven't got a problem like freezing indoor unit/excessive condensation then why ask

the unit works perfectly
but i wondered why sometimes the indoor unit turn off for seconds when set point temperature reached
instead of keep running

install monkey
23-06-2013, 10:26 AM
normally in auto the indoor fan will go into low speed until it deviates off setpoint- but power/operation led will stay lit- check resistance of the return air sensor and coil sensor too ensure theyre both reading similar resistances with the unit off for 10 mins.

kefah
23-06-2013, 03:06 PM
normally in auto the indoor fan will go into low speed until it deviates off setpoint- but power/operation led will stay lit- check resistance of the return air sensor and coil sensor too ensure theyre both reading similar resistances with the unit off for 10 mins.

both indoor fan
power/operation led turn off for second
then turn on again

kefah
28-06-2013, 04:15 PM
this week
i made some check on it
when the unit was run and temp of room was 22 c
and set point was 20 c
the unit was cooling perfectly for 2 hours
i raised from the remote control the set-point to 24 c
so the outdoor unit stopped working
and the indoor kept run normal without shutting down
and when room temp increased to 24 c (setpoint)
the outdoor run again
so no problem
yesterday
the setpoint was 18 C
and room temp was 28 c
the unit worked perfectly in cooling
when setpoint reached
outdoor unit shutted off
then indoor turned off (LED screen and indoor fan) shut off also
and after about 20 minutes its auto run again
then after 3 minutes the outdoor unit worked also
during the shut off period
the voltage was 215 v
current was 0,18 ampere
some expert said that the shut off happen may be due to defrost of indoor unit coil
but the question here
if it was defrost indoor
by using electric heater on evaporater
why the current was 0.18 amp
and if the defrosting was without heater (by normal defrost which mean leaving the unit melting the ice by its self)
is that mean it may take 20 minutes to finish
please helllllllllllp

jdunc2301
28-06-2013, 04:36 PM
The operation seems normal, 3 min delay on compressor start... Use a calibrated temp sensor and when the unit reaches its set point and shuts the indoor fan off measure the temperature when the indoor fan comes back on to see if it turning on with a temperature rise.... I think you should let this unit be now...as it doesn't sound like its causing problems..just your curiosity

install monkey
28-06-2013, 06:31 PM
might be a voltage drop- ask your boss to increase the output frequency- nowt like a bit of smoke in the air! haha
:D

kefah
30-06-2013, 04:19 AM
The operation seems normal, 3 min delay on compressor start... Use a calibrated temp sensor and when the unit reaches its set point and shuts the indoor fan off measure the temperature when the indoor fan comes back on to see if it turning on with a temperature rise.... I think you should let this unit be now...as it doesn't sound like its causing problems..just your curiosity
ok
why the indoor unit shutted off for 20 minutes
i think its long time

kefah
30-06-2013, 04:20 AM
might be a voltage drop- ask your boss to increase the output frequency- nowt like a bit of smoke in the air! haha
:D

voltage is 200 v

install monkey
30-06-2013, 10:03 AM
gotta be going out on freeze protection- when it runs for 2 hrs ok no where near its setpoint, then when it cuts out on stat indoor cuts in and out- pull the evap coil sensor off the coil to see how it works
cannot find any service manuals for this- is the mains power to outdoor or power to indoor?

kefah
30-06-2013, 01:32 PM
gotta be going out on freeze protection- when it runs for 2 hrs ok no where near its setpoint, then when it cuts out on stat indoor cuts in and out-

did the freeze protection will take about half hour
is this normal

pull the evap coil sensor off the coil to see how it works

i will check

is the mains power to outdoor or power to indoor?
main power is to outdoor unit
and there is only 1 PCB in the unit in the indoor unit

jdunc2301
30-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Have you checked what temp this unit is turning off and on at and the set point?

jdunc2301
30-06-2013, 11:00 PM
I would recommend that you set up a tent... Remove the covers and run in cooling and physically watch the unit and monitor the temperature of the coil on and off temps including the actual coil temp and then report back to us once you can verify what the unit is doing... Reaching sp etc or not... Cause it's either a defrost or a weird way of running the unit... And I would punt at either as we can't find manuals for the unit..... In the meantime please take note of this chart.......for the future

install monkey
30-06-2013, 11:07 PM
how long is the piperun,any additional charge added,what are the running pressures, current draw at the condenser

kefah
01-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Have you checked what temp this unit is turning off and on at and the set point?

the unit turn off at set point temperature
and after it turn on ( after seconds minutes)
when the desired temp reached outdoor unit run again

kefah
01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I would recommend that you set up a tent... Remove the covers and run in cooling and physically watch the unit and monitor the temperature of the coil on and off temps including the actual coil temp and then report back to us once you can verify what the unit is doing... Reaching sp etc or not... Cause it's either a defrost or a weird way of running the unit

the unit works perfectly
until it reach the set point
and if the doors was open
and set point didn't reach up
it run for hours with out problem

kefah
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
how long is the piperun,any additional charge added,what are the running pressures, current draw at the condenser

the pipe long 5 meter as from manufacturer
and suction pressure 68 psi
current 13 amp

kefah
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
i contacted samsung service
and they told me this weird thing
they said that cause of the problem is
bad power supply ( transformer ) of the PCB
and all the similar unit have the same issue
so im wondering if the transformer is bad
why the unit keep run for hours without problem ????????????????
if setpoint not reached
and if the transformer is bad
why this issue happen only when set point reached ??????????

install monkey
01-07-2013, 08:27 PM
if samsung have answered your question with a diagnosis of the problem, then who are we to question the wrath of the manufacturer- get the replacement board and try it:D

kefah
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
if samsung have answered your question with a diagnosis of the problem, then who are we to question the wrath of the manufacturer-

they are liar
because if it was bad transformer
then the unit will not run for 6 hours without problem

get the replacement board and try it:D
they asked for 35 dollar

install monkey
01-07-2013, 09:00 PM
what if there's a poor joint on the pcb or if a pcb component is getting hot- ask e if the 35 dollar is refundable if it still has the same problem when u swap it!
they have highlighted an issue with the pcb, some muppets on technical dept can spout crap regarding the cause and reason, its not unusual for faulty pcbs, if there is 2 of these units you could swap pcbs to test this theory, otherwise your going to be checking,eliminating all other avenues to come to the same conclusion of indoor pcb.:)

they are liar
because if it was bad transformer
then the unit will not run for 6 hours without problem

they asked for 35 dollar

kefah
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
what if there's a poor joint on the pcb or if a pcb component is getting hot- ask e if the 35 dollar is refundable if it still has the same problem when u swap it!
they have highlighted an issue with the pcb, some muppets on technical dept can spout crap regarding the cause and reason, its not unusual for faulty pcbs, if there is 2 of these units you could swap pcbs to test this theory, otherwise your going to be checking,eliminating all other avenues to come to the same conclusion of indoor pcb.:)
thank u
the weird think
is when i asked them if i didnt replaced the transformer
what will happen
did it will burn or damage the PCB
they answered there is no problem in keeping the same transformer for 5 years
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kefah
17-11-2013, 07:49 PM
today
i checked another air conditioner split from same model
with same issue of mine
so is that could be normal

kefah
05-03-2014, 05:51 PM
finally i took my PCB to Samsung service center
here what they did
the removed the transformer and some diode
and soldered an external transformer
then i installed the PCB
the unit worked perfectly
and when the set point reached
only outdoor unit turn off while indoor unit kept on working
the problem now
the LCD screen is not working normally
its look like its not receives voltage normally
i opened the panel to discover that they replaced the old transformer with one hiher wattage but lower voltage
the PCB is 12 v
and they used 10.8 v
so i removed their transformer
and i bought anew one 12 volt
now every thing is good
thank u all for helping me

Brian_UK
05-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Well done fella, you got there in the end. Thanks for the update.

kefah
09-03-2014, 08:09 PM
thank u Brian