PDA

View Full Version : Display fridge continuously cooling

BigTunz
16-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi
I have a display fridge that is continuously cooling beyond the set point of 7C.
It has a Carel easy cool temperature controller.
I have fitted a new NTC probe but has made no difference.
Any ideas?

install monkey
16-06-2013, 01:53 PM
relay on controller welded/sticking- when its below sepoint tap it with ur fingers see if the relay drops out

monkey spanners
16-06-2013, 05:08 PM
What Monkey said^ Stuck relay, alter the set point to see if the compressor running indication dot on the display cycles to see for sure.

I have once seen burnt wiring causing things not to turn off as the insulation had melted and the copper wire were touching.

charlie patt
16-06-2013, 06:17 PM
with easy cools they also have a run time on them if set up could be running on time not temp also some have overun facility or ofset been set up incorrectley i no but it is a carel check to sea if snowflake is lit up on controller if no snowflake and its still cooling as above says i always used to fit just controller but now in last three years we fit relays to take load of controllers

BigTunz
18-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks will check the above.
Link that shows parameter settings:
http://www.carel.com/carelcom/web/download?nome_file=/carelcom/web/@extsrc/@eng/@catalogo/@documenti/@istruzioni/050004121.pdf

BigTunz
28-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi - tried the above suggestions.
In the end fitted a new controller and it sorted the problem.
I was holding the controller as I powered up the fridge and felt a distinctive click which I'm presuming is the relay energising on.
Will use this site again.
I bought the controller from Hawco - but they charged me £15 for delivery! Does any body know anywhere cheaper?

install monkey
28-06-2013, 09:39 PM
srw do em-dunno how much
sometimes theres a relay on a pcb that switches a higher rated relay

monkey spanners
28-06-2013, 09:52 PM
I expect the cost of postage has to to cover the packaging/postage and the persons wages who picks and packs the items.

I had to post a part to a customer, the postage was £5.50 but taking into account the time it took and my normal hourly rate it should have cost them nearly £60.00 for a part i made £4.20 mark up on....
Now Hawco will be much better set up for sending stuff than me but it will have a cost.

install monkey
28-06-2013, 09:57 PM
dunno john, bet your origami/ninja training ensures all folds are sharp and crisp and bet ur a dab hand with the bow!:o

I expect the cost of postage has to to cover the packaging/postage and the persons wages who picks and packs the items.

I had to post a part to a customer, the postage was £5.50 but taking into account the time it took and my normal hourly rate it should have cost them nearly £60.00 for a part i made £4.20 mark up on....
Now Hawco will be much better set up for sending stuff than me but it will have a cost.