PDA

View Full Version : Water Sweating from HRW unit

anil130
15-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi friends...
Recently we had installed the HRW ( Heat Recovery Wheel ) for OT.mine problem is that, outside the unit water is sweating, for this i have attached the pics also.i was unable to find the right

solution for it.what may be the problem..? any suggestions..

hookster
15-06-2013, 07:05 PM
LOL are you using it as a supply pre-cooler! What are your outside air conditions? What are the exhaust air conditions? measure these two conditions and post them here for explanation.

The Viking
15-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Anil,
To answer your questions,
It is happening because the exposed surfaces are at a temperature below the dew point of the surrounding air and the solution is to lag (=insulate) it better.

The bigger question is what is causing the surfaces to be that cold in the first place and here I agree with Hookster, we do need more information.
It would be interesting to know both humidity and temperatures of the ambient, supply and extract air.

:cool:

anil130
18-06-2013, 03:31 AM
@hookster and Viking: below is the details of it: 1) Intake Flow CFM.................1124.5 2) Intake frequency ................55 Hz 3) Exhaust frequency...............35 Hz 4) Delta p ( Pa )......................3 5) Air Velocity.............Min.....0.22 Max.....0.48 ......0.376 6) Noise........Ambient ..........22.5 db with Ac............50.5 db i hope, i have given all the information...

The Viking
18-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Lots of information there Anil, sadly none of which we need to help you with this issue.

What we do need is real life measured temperatures and humidities.

Sorry

:cool:

hookster
19-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi Anil as per Viking request its temp/RH issues you have here. I am expecting very high humidity on the exhaust due to the nature of mining conditions. If you like look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_wheel it will probably answer your questions.