PDA

View Full Version : QUE Compressors

vehikool
15-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Has anyone fitted a QUE compressor as a replacement for a Seltec TM15 on any make of fridge unit with 404a gas? how did it perform? has it given any problems? I only ask as the last time I deviated from a Seltec with a differant make of compressor it was a tail of woe! 3 out of 3 seized their compressors. So I am reluctant to deviate again.... comments please

gozziee
15-06-2013, 10:31 PM
hi have been using these compressors now for well over a year with no come backs so as it goes i would highly recomend them. Have also been using 32 or 68 grade oil in them

vehikool
18-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi Gozziee many thanks for the imput, I shall fit a QUE this weekend keeping my fingers crossed
thanks again
Tom

charlie patt
18-06-2013, 08:03 PM
two years ago the early ones seized on r404a they ran to hot but was given some twelve months ago as good will and all has been good as above 32 68 and 46 no problem the early ones where only good for r134a but the later ones come in a seltec box with a que part number i order um with the metal clutch plates not the three rubber cones the cones is longer and wont fit certain vans and have had a few rubbers fail not due to excess heat from comp the rubbers cant take the heat of exhaust manifold mainly on relays did the early ones come out of southampton way

vehikool
23-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi chaps many thanks for the imput. I have now fitted a QUE compressor it works fine, will it last? time will tell.
many thanks to you all
best regards
Tom

coolincab
23-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Why change? I have always found seltic compressors very reliable & reasonably pricedNo experience with QUE sound's like they come with a made in China lable

djbe
23-06-2013, 11:24 PM
How much does a que equivalent to a TM15 cost?

gozziee
24-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Why change? I have always found seltic compressors very reliable & reasonably pricedNo experience with QUE sound's like they come with a made in China lable

i belive these are american