PDA

View Full Version : which the best glue for head cover gasket of xchanger?

moideen
13-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Dears, I have removed shell and tube heat exchanger of 30Gh chiller , carrier for repairing. Going to replace the head cover gasket. Has any specific glue for head cover gasket? When removing it was very sticky.
thanks

monkey spanners
13-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Did the old one have glue on it?

Have used Hylomar Blue as a last resort on a liquid receiver flange before.

I do not know if it would be suitable for your chiller.

PaulZ
14-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi Moideen
When you say head gasket if you are referring to the compressor I wouldn't use any glue at all, a graphite based grease is the best this will allow easy removal next time. If you are referring to the end of the heat exchanger water side you could use Loctite Mastergasket 515 or similar, if it is refrigerant side Mastergasket is probably not suitable as the oil in the refrigerant could dissolve the Mastergasket and cause a leak later. A gasket sealing compound suitable for the refrigerant would need to be used Leak Lock etc.
Paul

Magoo
14-06-2013, 01:35 AM
definitely hylomor blue

moideen
14-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi Moideen
When you say head gasket if you are referring to the compressor I wouldn't use any glue at all, a graphite based grease is the best this will allow easy removal next time. If you are referring to the end of the heat exchanger water side you could use Loctite Mastergasket 515 or similar, if it is refrigerant side Mastergasket is probably not suitable as the oil in the refrigerant could dissolve the Mastergasket and cause a leak later. A gasket sealing compound suitable for the refrigerant would need to be used Leak Lock etc.
Paul
Dear paulz, this not compressor, shell and tube heat exchanger.

definitely hylomor blue
Dear magoo,spanner,I check the hylomor web site. I think it is suitable. But I don’t know is it available in Dubai.what is your experience with loctite glue . Any way tomorrow will check it. Thanks your replay.

FreezerGeezer
14-06-2013, 12:24 PM
If it's waterside, just use a good quality bearing grease. Make sure you wipe the o-ring clean before applying the new grease as it will have picked up some dirt, no matter how clean your plant room is.
If it's fridge side, some of whatever oil is in the system should do, or you could use Nylog.