PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust system On STP Plant Room

anil130
12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi Friends...
would some body help me to design the exhaust system on STP plant room...? or we can design the exhaust as we design for the toilets.or we have to follow the different norms and designing procedures, if so then please help me on this matter..

Brian_UK
12-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Please explain - what does STP stand for?

anil130
13-06-2013, 02:31 AM
@Brian.it stands for " Sewage treatment plant "

hookster
13-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Anil you will need to consider that all equipment should be Ex rated for extraction equipment due to the possibility of flammable gases being present. Notably methane will be present and you will require maintaining concentration below 5% (lower flammability range). This can be done with constant ventilation or sample monitoring (most cost effective considerations do apply). 4 - 6 air changes / hour is normal for ventilation capacity but could be as high as 10 - 12 air changes I would recommend you check your local building regulations.

anil130
13-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi Anil you will need to consider that all equipment should be Ex rated for extraction equipment due to the possibility of flammable gases being present. Notably methane will be present and you will require maintaining concentration below 5% (lower flammability range). This can be done with constant ventilation or sample monitoring (most cost effective considerations do apply). 4 - 6 air changes / hour is normal for ventilation capacity but could be as high as 10 - 12 air changes I would recommend you check your local building regulations.
hi Hookster..many thanks for the information.according to you i have to buy the special ventilation fan for exhaust.do you have any booklet for designing the exhaust on this plant room..?

r.bartlett
13-06-2013, 11:09 PM
http://www.industrialfansdirect.com/IND-FA-AF-WE/SP-ARE160A-EXP.html