PDA

View Full Version : screw compressor selection

mre212
12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi all,

I would like to know what's the best brand of screw compressor to use with ammonia refrigeration plant?

Thanks & Regards

hookster
12-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Hi I think its all relative to what you want or are familiar with. Its a bit like coke or pepsi and the compressor is just a portion of the system. The compressor is dependent on the pipe work, controls, evaporators, condensers and design parameters. The basis for most brands of ammonia screw compressors is old technology and have been used for a long time and proven in the field. The best questions are rather is the manufacturer supported locally, do they stock spares and how cost effective are spare parts / service schedules.

Josip
14-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Hi, mre212 :)

all as per hookster post above ... speaking about brands ... Howden, Mycom, Sabroe ... hard to give the best answer ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

shanonmethod
13-11-2013, 08:39 AM
I think this link will helpful to your selections an affordable price list.

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/stories/665-Top-Rated-and-Best-Selling-Rotary-Screw-Compressors.html

passandscore
13-11-2013, 01:14 PM
I think this link will helpful to your selections an affordable price list.

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/stories/665-Top-Rated-and-Best-Selling-Rotary-Screw-Compressors.html

You misunderstood the question! Nobody is looking for an air compressor! Were talking about industrial ammonia compressors for refrigeration plant rooms.

bjkmiami
14-11-2013, 08:49 AM
hi mre,
At my previous job we had single screw compressors!!! i can tell they are very easy to work on and more sturdy!! As far as brand it s all upto your criteria...

shanonmethod
28-11-2013, 06:00 AM
You misunderstood the question! Nobody is looking for an air compressor! Were talking about industrial ammonia compressors for refrigeration plant rooms.

OOpppsss ....... its my mistake.

THE DUDE
01-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi I think its all relative to what you want or are familiar with. Its a bit like coke or pepsi and the compressor is just a portion of the system. The compressor is dependent on the pipe work, controls, evaporators, condensers and design parameters. The basis for most brands of ammonia screw compressors is old technology and have been used for a long time and proven in the field. The best questions are rather is the manufacturer supported locally, do they stock spares and how cost effective are spare parts / service schedules.
I agree 100% Well put Hookster.