PDA

View Full Version : anyone doing inverter pcb repairs?(component level)

jbomba
10-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Hey guys just wanting to know if anyone on here is doing inverter PCB repairs I've decided to start giving them a crack. First PCB I've interrogated is as teco PCB. So far I've found 3 explosion proof varistors that have no continuity and a diode bridge with a dead short on it. Going to replace these 2 components and try fire the board up on a bench in series with a 100watt light bulb and look for signs of life. I can see some value in doing this sort of thing on daikin ducted units where the boards can be in excess of $900. Just wanting to know from some seasoned veterans some other common faults on these boards to look out for.

Tesla
11-06-2013, 12:53 AM
I used to repair electronics but that was many moons ago. Good to see you giving it a go and perhaps you could find business in fixing up other companies blown boards. Other common faults are dry joints in old boards, blown fuse (looks like resistor sometimes) Blown tracks - fix with wire link, swollen capacitors. Let us know how you go on this one and who knows we may all be fixing our own boards for a fraction of the price of a new one.