PDA

View Full Version : Domestic refrigerator coolant data

Paul
12-10-2001, 07:04 PM
I'm an engineering student at Queen's university in Canada. I'm working on a big design project involving domestic refrigerators. I'm having trouble finding some data about their operation parameters. Most importantly, I need to know:
-temperature of cooling coils
-heat rejected by coils
-mass flow rate of coolant
-operating pressures of coolant

If anyone knows rough values for these, it would really help. Or, if someone could point me to where I can find the values, that would also be great.
I know these values will vary form one model to the next, so I just need rough ideas.

By the way, I'm assuming R134a, but data for other refrigerants would help too.

heanboon
13-10-2001, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Paul
I'm an engineering student at Queen's university in Canada. I'm working on a big design project involving domestic refrigerators. I'm having trouble finding some data about their operation parameters. Most importantly, I need to know:
-temperature of cooling coils
-heat rejected by coils
-mass flow rate of coolant
-operating pressures of coolant

If anyone knows rough values for these, it would really help. Or, if someone could point me to where I can find the values, that would also be great.
I know these values will vary form one model to the next, so I just need rough ideas.

By the way, I'm assuming R134a, but data for other refrigerants would help too.

to find temp of cooling coil is depent on you and the system need.let's say,if ur system need to cool down to 5 degree celsius,then ur cooling can be about -5 until 2 degree...am i right??

Abe
13-10-2001, 10:31 AM
An easy way to obtain the basic information you require before wading into reams of data sheets is this:

Prepare a domestic fridge in a lab, connect thermocouples at cooling coils. condensers, etc, and do a start up recording through a cycle over a period of hours.

Much more intresting I would think, and really help you understand your studies better.