PDA

View Full Version : Daikin has serious quality issues in India !

Neelpankh
06-06-2013, 03:04 AM
I am writing this from India. A brand new Daikin FT50MV16 split AC 5.2kW rating made in Thailand has shown failure in the outdoor unit compressor upon installation yesterday. The unit is completely imported from Thailand and was exported to India in April 2013. The packaging is perfect without any transit damage.

Makes me wonder what kind of Quality Control Daikin employs. The outdoor unit housing is of thin metal sheet and is not very inspiring either and tends to squeak and rattle when the fan starts.

I am told it will be replaced by the company but I will believe that when it happens. I think I should have gone with Mitsubishi Electric. I seem to have made an expensive mistake.

Please stay away from Daikin because quality is not what it used to be.

martinw58
06-06-2013, 07:44 PM
its the same in the uk

AbsoluteWDJ
06-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I am writing this from India. A brand new Daikin FT50MV16 split AC 5.2kW rating made in Thailand has shown failure in the outdoor unit compressor upon installation yesterday. The unit is completely imported from Thailand and was exported to India in April 2013. The packaging is perfect without any transit damage.

Makes me wonder what kind of Quality Control Daikin employs. The outdoor unit housing is of thin metal sheet and is not very inspiring either and tends to squeak and rattle when the fan starts.

I am told it will be replaced by the company but I will believe that when it happens. I think I should have gone with Mitsubishi Electric. I seem to have made an expensive mistake.

Please stay away from Daikin because quality is not what it used to be.

You might find made in Thailand with Mitsubishi Electric! Be careful what you wish for! Are you sure your unit hasn't been damaged in transport from Thailand to India?

Neelpankh
07-06-2013, 02:43 AM
The unit has not been damaged during transportation as the cardboard box pack was absolutely clean and undented. The unit inside did not even have a single fin bent. There is something wrong with the compressor unit.

Peter_1
07-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Lucky some AC brake, that's a part of my daily job. Even the best brands will fail once. You siply had a DOA.

Neelpankh
08-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Well , the Daikin dealer after much a do has replaced the outdoor unit which has been installed now. I guess I have become a Daikin fool ! Cooling is average and nowhere near my 13 year old window hitachi AC of the same wattage. The Hitachi window AC gives me a grille temperature of 9 degrees and the 5 star BEER rated Daikin does not even reach 15 degrees. Both are installed in the same location in identical conditions !! Thats 800 dollars down the drain.

Paul a/c
08-06-2013, 06:06 PM
I have to say Daikin was very good a few years ago but the new units we have fitted , seem very cheap to they old kit they once made , we have had coils go , and compressors and invertor s go with in a month , fan impellers feel like they will snap when you take them out .