PDA

View Full Version : Why Liquid Line Will Ice-Up Once The Liquid Pass Through The Expansion Valve?

hongyunref
04-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Hi, All. I'm beginner and just step in this industry.
Currently I facing a problem regarding serious ice-up when the liquid pass through the expansion valve.
May I know is the problem of expansion valve, orifice or whole system of compressor? And what is the solution for this problem?
Thanks...

Sumit
04-06-2013, 11:22 AM
The problem can be associated with orifice or expansion valve which is restricting the flow of refrigerant into the evaporator ?? what about other parameters ?? is the machine working well ?? kindly mention the parameters, it will be easy to find the exact fault ..

The Viking
04-06-2013, 08:50 PM
It depends on where the ice is and you might well find that it is perfectly normal.

For us to be able to advice you we do need to know more about the system.
Make and model, use, refrigerant, high pressure, low pressure, sub cooling, superheat, temperatures of media cooled and ambient temperature would be a good start to give us...

:cool:

lh.ahn84
15-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Orifice?Sufficient Airflow? Unloader performance?

FreezerGeezer
15-06-2013, 07:23 AM
After the orifice & just into the evaporator - not the whole evap. covered; classic short of gas symptom.

Expansion valve a ball of ice; classic blocked / broken valve symptom.

Could also be a stuffed power head - check for any sign it or the phial may have leaked.

Peter_1
16-06-2013, 11:36 AM
It will always frreeze after the expansion valve if TE =<-0°C and it should be that way