PDA

View Full Version : Carlyle Compressor Compressor Frozen

Rippers
31-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I have an issue with a Carlyle 06CC compressor. Practically the whole system is frozen, even the oil return line is frozen. I've checked the pressure and it is low, but i wouldn't say it's low enough to completely freeze it, it's never done this before when i've had leaks previous. I'm thinking more along the lines that a valve/TEV is more the cause, with liquid getting back to the compressor.

The intermediate and suction lines on the compressor are frozen, as well as the heads on the compressor (except discharge). Running on R407a. The system is saying it's faulting on low pressure. Just knowing these systems before, low pressure fault is so common but a lot of the time it has nothing to do with low pressure.

Could it be a problem with the TEV, i haven't seen it running, since i've only just been told of the issue, and it's a bloody ice cube.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Rich.

Tayters
31-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi Rich.

Seen a faulty seal on a temprite filter cause the oil line to ice up on a Tesco pack. Wouldn't explain the other frozen pipes though.

Cheers,
Andy.

monkey spanners
01-06-2013, 12:25 AM
Low load on the evaporator would cause similar problems. Not enough load and the expansion valve can't shut enough as its below its minimum duty.