PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum down recovery machine? Maintenence?

clearchris
28-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi.

I had to disassemble my recovery machine because the compressor locked up. It's a semi-hermetic (as all recovery units are AFAIK) and once I manually turned the motor, it was fine. I disassembled it though and opened it to atmosphere so I thought to pressure test and tripple evacuate it down to remove any moisture it picked up. It needed quite some time before it held below 500 microns.

Do any of you guys periodically vacuum down your recovery unit? How about oil changes? The manual doesn't mention anything about either.

Yes, I always use a new filter on the recovery unit between uses.

Thanks!

chilliwilly
28-05-2013, 04:56 PM
If its a semi hermetic, I'm surprised it got as far down as 500 microns. Usually with a semi or open type the neck seal on the coupling shaft leaks if it goes down beyond 700 microns.

I have a Promax RG 510, that has an oil less pot and ideal for pumping liquid on larger systems. I never get any air in it as I simply purge the hoses as normal.

monkey spanners
28-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Mine gets vacuumed if i change refrigerants or i can't remember what i used it on last time. Never bothered with a vac gauge though!