PDA

View Full Version : MHI 20ZJX-S mislagned right and left flaps

hud
25-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Hello! I have just installed MHI 20ZJX-S, everything looked fine from the start, but a couple of hours later I noticed that left and right flaps are not aligned correctly. The right flap is aligned approximately 15-20 degrees higher that the left one. While directing the airflow to the ceiling, than the gap formed by the left flap is ca 2.5cm height, while for the right flap it is only 0.5cm (i.e. almost closed). Basically, right part of the machine blows in substantially higher direction, than the right part. I tried to make reset from the remote control and it did not help. I called to the store and they suggested aligning the flaps manually while machine is working. I did this, but after the restart the flaps are again misaligned. It looks like the right flap does not open until the end. Also when I shut off the machine, it travels upwards and motor does not stops after it reaches the top, but buzzes for about 1 second more, and I can see the right flap slightly shaking. I also tried to completely cut off electricity from the machine for 30min and it did not help. Any ideas how to fix it? How severe is this problem, could it be fixed on place (factory reset, calibration or smth. like that), or the machine is needed to be sent to service center?

Also I’ve noticed that vertical louvers looks are not so nicely aligned as straight after the installation. Now when I set /\ direction it looks more like | |, but I think it was better after the install. I never touched them, but I am not sure anymore. Probably with louvers it is just my imagination…

Thank you for you help in advance :)

Thank you in advance!

install monkey
25-05-2013, 02:31 PM
new louvre motors and possible linkage?- take facia cover off to investigate

hud
26-05-2013, 09:10 AM
new louvre motors and possible linkage?- take facia cover off to investigate

But the right louvre moves nicely, it just does not open as far as a left one. It is always more closed, in all positions of the flow. I hope the technician will find time during the next week, but it looks to me that a motor and linkage is fine. Somebody suggested, that it needs recalibration, which could be done only in the service center ((( hope this is not the case...

install monkey
26-05-2013, 09:13 AM
no recalibration, just swap the louvre motor, probably worn gears inside causing slippage , they realign when powered off

But the right louvre moves nicely, it just does not open as far as a left one. It is always more closed, in all positions of the flow. I hope the technician will find time during the next week, but it looks to me that a motor and linkage is fine. Somebody suggested, that it needs recalibration, which could be done only in the service center ((( hope this is not the case...

hud
30-05-2013, 05:01 PM
no recalibration, just swap the louvre motor, probably worn gears inside causing slippage , they realign when powered off

Unfortunately, guys, who have installed the machine, told that everything is fine with flap. This is not a bug, this is feature. Could you please have a look to the photo and give me your independent opinion? This is an uppermost position of the flap. Thank you in advance!!