PDA

View Full Version : Replacement compressor

Mick13
24-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Hey guys, after a little bit of advice/info....

The compressor in my mothers weatherwall gave it up last weekend, the unit is an email york unit, model no. fm61h.

the compressor is an M.D.K. compressor, model NH461VB.

this compressor is not being made anymore, so im looking for something to replace it.
its single phase and on R22.
my first question is that on the compressor name plate i have an AP rating of 28kg/cm2, and an SP rating of 84kg/cm2.
i have never heard of these before.... judging by the fact they are measured in kg/cm2, the only thing i can think of that they might perhaps mean a maximum working pressure? can anyone clarify this or correct me?

secondly, how can i size this compressor up to find a suitable one to replace it with? i know compressors can be measured in displacement, but unfortunately thats not on the name plate.... or the power of the compressor. other than that, the units total amps are 10.7, but included in this would be the compressor along with the 2 fan motors.

can anyone offer any advice? or point me in the right direction? i cant even find a kW rating of the unit.

any help would be greatly appreciated.... thanks!!

Dave99
24-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Hi the compressor looks to be a Mitsubishi made by Siam Compressor Industry Co - the way they break the model numbers down would indicate
N - Series
H - application in this case R22
461 - displacement in cc this case 46.1
V - supply voltage - 220/240
B - I believe to be some internal ref pos configuration

I would suggest look for a compressor with similar displacement

Charlottecristi
28-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Informative idea to know more about AC

kefah
28-05-2013, 07:31 PM
i check the required compressor