PDA

View Full Version : york water chiller printer

nassrifi
23-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi guys,, I have an air cooled scroll compressor liquid chiller ( YLAA 0300 YE 50 )
I have few questions and hope any one can help me out

1- what type of printer i can use to print out the data and history???

2- how can I use the ISN to monitor the data ( readings for water temp and pressures ) on line ???

any clue , any one can help me out

regards;)

piewie
02-06-2013, 04:44 AM
I could not find any reference to the specific printer forthe YLAA but York printer comms has been the same for many years now and isgenerally the same between the different chiller ranges. To follow I have cutand pasted a section from the YK Optiview manual about printers this will helpyou. My thoughts on the matter are that the printer is quite useless. InAustralia Perma Printer manufacturea printer emulator which plugs into a computer could be USB or Serial this willtake the printed data from the micro board and translate it into text which canthen be read using any text editor. This data can then also be saved for analysismuch beter idea. I believe the ISN comms will be interrupted when printcommands are posted. But I have never tried this.

ACCEPTABLEPRINTERS
Thefollowing printers can be used. Printers must be equipped with an RS‑232 Serial interface.Okidata –
Models:OKIPOS 441
• Dimensions: 6.9 in. wide x 9.64 in. deep x 5.98 in. high
• Paper: 3.0 in. wide• Type: Dot Matrix Impact• Purchase: 800-OKIDATASpare printer Ribbon Okidata 52119001 Black
TheControl Center provides the required formatting control codes for the printersabove when the printer is selected on the PRINTER Screen in the instructionsbelow. These codes are transmitted through the serial interface to the printerto provide a proper print format. Differentprinters require different formatting control codes. Other printers mightprovide proper operation when connected to the Control Center. However, theprint format may not be correct or as desired. Proceedwith caution and use the following guidelines if an unlisted printer isselected:1. All must be capable of RS‑232 serial communica­tions.2. Primary differences betweenprinters involve the formatting control codes required by the printer. Thesecodes are sent from the Control Center to the printer. For example,Weigh-Tronix printers require a control code to select 40 column width. Thissame code is interpreted by the Okidata printer as an instruction to print widecharacters. In some instances, a printer will ignore a code it cannotinterpret.3. The Control Center requires a busy signal from the printer whenthe printer receive buffer is full. This causes the Control Center tomomentarily terminate data transmission until the printer can accept more data.The busy signal polarity must be asserted low when busy.

You can get just about get any piece of recorded data fromthe ISN which I believe needs YorkTalk to interpret this. I have never done anyof this before. A better method would be to use the MODBUS or BACNET this wouldenable you to communicate with a PLC or with your BAS/BMS. Your local YorkAgent should be assisting you with these questions though.