PDA

View Full Version : oil level,s[temprite]

scotty w
06-02-2006, 08:48 PM
supermarket pack LT system with 4; 25.hp compressor,s controled by A j.t.L pack controler.The problem is the oil in the compessor oil sight glass,s is very frothy and is pushing the float up in the oil regulator,s stopping oil supply.Fitted is a temprite oil sep [HP]type.The oil leves sep and goes througth A , A7 valve dropping the pressure to 24p.s.i. above suction pressue then it passes throught the suction header then onto the oil reg,s on each compressor. Are the oil reg,s able to cope with the temprite system or will I need to fit trax oil ,oil reg,s

Mark
07-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Scotty

Have you tried reducing the pressure from the A7 valve?,and what happens when the oil feed to the regulator/s is shut does the oil level in the compressor "settle".
Iam aware sometimes the operating pressure of the oil line has to be xx above the suction.
Kind regards. Mark

Mark
07-02-2006, 08:13 PM
The Temprite A7 valve control is not that good to say the least......
Try using a Sporlan Y825-2 reducing/constant pressure valve,its control is more fluid.
Kind regards. Mark

vEStMaN
07-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi,
Are you sure any of the float chambers are passing? this is the most common cause of frothing.

CONROD
07-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Does the oil feed line from the A7 dif valve directly feed the oil regulators?(and not via the suction header). To begin with I would shut down the temprite, remove the filter(note whether the rubber o ring is still in place or not), and install a new filter. With the temprite and oil feed line isolated, note if the oil regs stop foaming, this only occurrs when they are open and trying to fill. If all the floats are foaming - insufficient oil level. If just 1 float is playing up - dodgy float.

Perseus
06-08-2006, 05:21 AM
A number of years ago I had a similar situation with a R-22 system and Temprite Separators. The medium temp unit operates at +5 suction and utilized water cooled condensers. This system shared a water tower at the roof with a large chiller. This was not done by our choice but proved to provide some issues.

Regardless of the setting of the A7 valve we had foaming in the sight glass. A remark was given to me from an Engineer regarding the ability of oil to hold refrigerant until it is heated high enough. For R-22, if I remember correctly this is around 150 degrees F. We were not able to do this.

The solution was to install a high side float in the oil line coming from the separator. This was run to an oil reservoir which in turn feeds the oil floats. With the vent to suction from the oil reservoir the refrigerant came out of the oil.

It worked.

Dan
06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Some good advice on this thread, Scoty. One thing that has not been mentioned but could be your problem, are you overfeeding liquid into the compressors? Check your return superheats.