PDA

View Full Version : Switching Condensors

coredump
22-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Hello, We have been using a tube and fin condenser coil for many years, but want to switch to a parallel flow version. Assuming the dimensions are relatively similar, can I expect at least similar effectiveness?

If not, what do I need to check etc to ensure we will get similar (or better) performance?

If it matters, this is for automotive applications.

Thank you
CD

coredump
22-05-2013, 09:32 PM
These coils are less than 1" thick, and about 16"x21".

Tesla
23-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Hi CD
Do you have some pics to share with us so we can see it more clearly? Are we talking about counter flow verses parallel flow or with respect to the coil tubes and air flow.

coredump
24-05-2013, 08:15 PM

That is the current col we are using. It is a basic tube/fin counter flow.

What we are thinking of changing to is an all aluminum microchannel parallel flow design

Is it safe to assume it will be at least as efficient? Will it be more efficient?

Thanks for any help.

CD

coredump
29-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Everything I read indicates that switching will net a pretty good effiiciency boost. But I was hoping to get some verification from folks in the business that didn't have a financial stake in the outcome.

I did some more investigating, and our Tube and Fin is all aluminum, no copper.

Tesla
29-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Hi coredump
From experience and many calculations in the past on heat exchangers you should not loose any capacity. I would be guessing you would see an increase of just over 10%. the thing will be "how long will it last" depends on construction and thickness but it could outlast the old copper one.

coredump
30-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Okay, that is what I was looking for. Thanks.

And I did visit your website, pretty nice. I bookmarked it and will show my wife.

Thanks again,
CD

simonxu
13-06-2013, 12:42 AM
hi, we are a parallel microchannel heat exchaner manufacturer, if you have any technical parameters, we can talk about it, my skype simonxu0574