PDA

View Full Version : VRVII indoor problem EEV?

Peter_1
22-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Had a call this evening and could stay only for +/- 45 minutes till the office closed then. Have to go back tomorrow but office (meeting room) is heavily used .
On a RXYQ32 outdoor (VRV II, 2 pipes, installed 2004) 12 indoor units.
The indoor unit FXSQ63M7V1 most far from the indoor doesn't heat very well.
Set on 23°C and room on 19°C.
This problem happened already several times in the past (see I in the logbook I had it almost each year around sprin) It mostly disappeared after switching off and/or let it ran for some time on cooling.
Switched so that 4 of the 11 indoors are asking for heat. So I don't think we have lack of gas. Swithced off all the others so that the outdoor could ran on this one faulty unit. I felt no heat at all on the indoor, discharge reamined cold for at leats 10 minutes.
Swithcing on 2 and then 4 other indoors asking for heat opened. The EEV then opened for some reason and after +/- 3 to 5 minutes, discharge pipe at the inlet of the indoor became 34°C. Outlet decreased from +/- 22°C to +/- 5°C. :eek: (partially blocked valve or strainer?)
After +/- 1 minute to 1,5 minutes (haven't monitored on my watch) , I heard the EEV slowly closing (hissing of discharge gas disappeared) and the EEV remained closed for +/- 1 minute. Then it came back slowly for +/- 1 minute. Then it closed again. This cycle repeated constant.

Because I suspected a blockage of the EEV, I switched system to 'all cool' and let it ran for +/- 10 minutes. Back to heat and same phenomena.
Siwthing on and off the whole system did'nt solve anything.

I suspect the EEV not opening fully or a blocked strainer (tehrefore i reversed the flow to cool) In heating, is the EEV completely opened when SET and actual have a DT of 4K?
How can I besides checking resistance of the EEV coil (what are normal values) check the opening of the EEV (I have no Serv. C. available)? I also don't have a permanent coil to turn open manually the EEV? Can't find these in Belgium.
A thermistor giving false information to the PCB, controlling the opening of the EEV?
What are the normal values?
I don't have much time (+/- 2 hours) before the meeting room is used again.
Saturday is the only possible day to open the ceiling completely to check the EEV.
So any thoughts woiuld be very helpfully.

install monkey
22-05-2013, 08:39 PM
setting mode 41 on the remote- (if its hard wired) will display remote thermistor,return air and coil sensor values
also is there any fault code on the controller. you say you ran it with only 4 indoors running so that rules out any diversity issues

Peter_1
22-05-2013, 08:48 PM
If I should have faulty thermistors or controller, should I then not notice an error code blinking on the wired remote?

install monkey
22-05-2013, 09:17 PM
if its out of range then youll have a c3 or c9 error, it could be 4k ohm out and just detecting an offset temperature of say 4 deg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/o3l5cp9nvw65vam/fault_codes.pdf
daikin fault codes
http://www.mediafire.com/view/cqy5v72s27d6y2v/SiE39-503_part1_tcm219-66326.pdf
outdoor manual
http://www.mediafire.com/view/q31n3ejj7mrukka/VRVII_basic_training.pdf
basic training manual shows more details in sensor values and lev operation

Neddy
22-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Is it a two or three pipe system?

Peter_1
23-05-2013, 05:55 AM
2 pipe system. I know the working principle of an EEV but compared to refrigeration EEV's, it's difficult to find out what the controller is doing. Strange is that this happesn each year and for some reason, the problem then goes away. If there should be a possibilty to open and close this EEV with a push button or a dipswitch, you could find out a lot more. But there isn't.
In heating, I suppose the EEV is fully open when DT is large and it closes proportinally if lees heat is needed. But I doubt if that was already possible with the VRVII in 2004.

Neddy
23-05-2013, 05:39 PM
In heating I believe the valve is open and when temperature is reached the fan goes into extra low speed but the valve remains open.ive know LEV valves just to need a reset as sometimes they are not in the position they supposed to be in and are closed when they should be open

frank
23-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Just a thought Peter, but is the last fan coil within 40 metres of the first refnet joint?

If the pipework distances are outside of the specification, then poor performance will be the result at the last fan coil.

Without the aid of a Service Checker, I don't know of any other way to see the EEV opening position. As Monkey says, the sensor readings in code 41 are a good indication of how well the fan coil is heating/cooling.

AbsoluteWDJ
23-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Had a call this evening and could stay only for +/- 45 minutes till the office closed then. Have to go back tomorrow but office (meeting room) is heavily used .
On a RXYQ32 outdoor (VRV II, 2 pipes, installed 2004) 12 indoor units.
The indoor unit FXSQ63M7V1 most far from the indoor doesn't heat very well.
Set on 23°C and room on 19°C.
This problem happened already several times in the past (see I in the logbook I had it almost each year around sprin) It mostly disappeared after switching off and/or let it ran for some time on cooling.
Switched so that 4 of the 11 indoors are asking for heat. So I don't think we have lack of gas. Swithced off all the others so that the outdoor could ran on this one faulty unit. I felt no heat at all on the indoor, discharge reamined cold for at leats 10 minutes.
Swithcing on 2 and then 4 other indoors asking for heat opened. The EEV then opened for some reason and after +/- 3 to 5 minutes, discharge pipe at the inlet of the indoor became 34°C. Outlet decreased from +/- 22°C to +/- 5°C. :eek: (partially blocked valve or strainer?)
After +/- 1 minute to 1,5 minutes (haven't monitored on my watch) , I heard the EEV slowly closing (hissing of discharge gas disappeared) and the EEV remained closed for +/- 1 minute. Then it came back slowly for +/- 1 minute. Then it closed again. This cycle repeated constant.

Because I suspected a blockage of the EEV, I switched system to 'all cool' and let it ran for +/- 10 minutes. Back to heat and same phenomena.
Siwthing on and off the whole system did'nt solve anything.

I suspect the EEV not opening fully or a blocked strainer (tehrefore i reversed the flow to cool) In heating, is the EEV completely opened when SET and actual have a DT of 4K?
How can I besides checking resistance of the EEV coil (what are normal values) check the opening of the EEV (I have no Serv. C. available)? I also don't have a permanent coil to turn open manually the EEV? Can't find these in Belgium.
A thermistor giving false information to the PCB, controlling the opening of the EEV?
What are the normal values?
I don't have much time (+/- 2 hours) before the meeting room is used again.
Saturday is the only possible day to open the ceiling completely to check the EEV.
So any thoughts woiuld be very helpfully.

I would operate them all in heating, after about 30 minutes check mode 41 - Liquid and Gas Pipe temperatures on a few fan coils and you'll get an idea of what to expect on the unit in question. If you believe the valve might be faulty, I would swap the expansion valve heads with a fan coil you know is heating. Good luck

AbsoluteWDJ
23-05-2013, 10:32 PM
2 pipe system. I know the working principle of an EEV but compared to refrigeration EEV's, it's difficult to find out what the controller is doing. Strange is that this happesn each year and for some reason, the problem then goes away. If there should be a possibilty to open and close this EEV with a push button or a dipswitch, you could find out a lot more. But there isn't.
In heating, I suppose the EEV is fully open when DT is large and it closes proportinally if lees heat is needed. But I doubt if that was already possible with the VRVII in 2004.

Another thought, you could also unscrew the valve head and then the body will be fully open. Do this in mode 41 and see what happens to the liquid and gas pipe temperatures (in heating only)